All things Dundee FC

12 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Sacrifice your career to be retired at 35 as a multimillionaire probably won't make him sad though.

Doesn't bother me in the slightest if boys want to chase the money, good luck to them.

He's got the cash, careers been pathetic though, so don't think he will be happy.

Money is not the 'be all and end  all.'

That's my last word on that arse.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I don’t think I could fault one player today.  Doc really does have them playing for each other.  Great atmosphere coming from the Derry as well.  

Something about the way Doc conducts himself and the way he gets the best out of players  reminds me of Archie Knox - and that’s high praise indeed.

Yeah, totally agree @Shadow Play, comparison to the best manager I've personally seen at Dens Park is not misplaced in any shape or form.

Reality is, it's only going to get better, awesome thought!

gladiator.gif.dd89aeba64b34c604232e986eae7072d.gif   

We have never looked as sensible a team in the top flight this century I'd say. We just look like one of those established sides which isn't very Dundee Fc at all

We are probably a really good striker away froma  top 6 team but great for the strikers today to get the goals.

The spine of the team is our strength, Portales , Shaughnessy , Carson ,Lamie,  Boateng , McCowan ,  Bakayoko are all very good players at this level. I think they tend to all give you a 6 or 7 out of 10 everytime 

Then the flair players like mccowan, tiffoney , Beck , Cameron chip in with moments of skill 

At start of season I believed we needed 36 points to stay up (10th). That's us 47% of the way there before December

If my arithmetic is right it took us 10 games more the last time we were in this league to hit 17 points.

It really does show how poor McPake was and how different it is having someone the players have bought into in charge.

The Doc's in cherge!

Excellent result and a bit of breathing space between us and 11th now. 
I echo the comments about the St Johnstone game, frustrating to know we could of been 3rd at this stage if we held on then.

I love how solid we look at the back and although we have conceded 15, more than half have been against the old firm so it’s a great platform to build from.

Set piece monsters as well and after listening to Robinsons post match interview, he knew we were a big threat and worked on it all week and still couldn’t stop it! 

Onwards and upwards. 

12 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Incredible stuff. Not being absolutely horses**t must be mental for any Dundee fan under the age of 50.

I’m 50, and I can’t quite believe it 🫠

My kids (16, 11 and 8 )  seem to think this is quite normal 😛.  

Edited by Daydream

2 hours ago, Toby Marsh said:

Tough run of fixtures up until the new year. 

IMG_1541.jpeg

One game at a time. We'll take the knocks when they come and dust ourselves down. The results just now should beable to iron out any bad runs and we SHOULD be staying up this year comfortably.

The summer is essential for the next years of our club. The DABs will be back and it's time for us to keep the club moving forward with stadium progression and mauling of the DABs, truly bringing a new tide within the City. I for one don't fear their return I see it as a chance for us to progress. TBH I wouldn't mind seeing utter shite like Livi banished back to the seaside leagues.

This is a start, but only a start. It'll take years for more punters etc to start coming back but if we keep playing with the spirit of yesterday it'll come.

Onwards & upwards.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Really enjoying being a Dundee fan right now. Not often something that can be said.  

A defence like a rock - Lamie celebrating winning that throw in like he'd won the world cup was a great moment.   

Docherty has done a fantastic job and deserves loads of credit. 

Special mention to Rudden who never gives up - its infectious on the rest of the team .  

I even  managed to give Biggie a greeny in my delirium.

Thank you

Edited by mungo

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

in the epl the general consensus is you get to 85 points and your in with a shout of top spot

in spl what the consensus on saved from relegation spot ?

https://splstats.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/spl-relegation-how-many-points/

Edited by jakedee
Bit dated but....

I've always thought about it as a point per game, so if you have 20 points after 20 games, you should be on target for safety. The thing that is odd about this league is the margins are so slim that you would be in with a shout of top 6 with low 40's at the split, so in theory you could just be a bit ahead of the curve, still be worrying about relegation but also be in with a good shout of top 6 and relegation worries over with 5 to play. 

Right now we're looking great but there are tough games coming up. I don't think we'll really know where we are until we're in that period between 25-30 games played. 

Great result yeaterday and every player on the park deserved a standing ovation 👏👏

i reckon we should be aiming for 40 to 50 points this season i may be wrong but im sure bottom 2 finish on 15 to 30 points

still think Mccowan should be giving a bigger and longer contract( i worry the ugly sisters might try to cheap out on scottish teams again)

Mon the Dees 💙

1 minute ago, Lifelongdee said:

Great result yeaterday and every player on the park deserved a standing ovation 👏👏

i reckon we should be aiming for 40 to 50 points this season i may be wrong but im sure bottom 2 finish on 15 to 30 points

still think Mccowan should be giving a bigger and longer contract( i worry the ugly sisters might try to cheap out on scottish teams again)

Mon the Dees 💙

And i think some of the Dee Faithful who had no faith in Rudden at the start of the seaon need to apologies to that Man!!!😂💙

Just another thought on our start to the season, a lot of criticism has come the way of the board in their decision making especially footballing decisions of Strachan. Credit where credit is due on this one. Docherty has been a revelation for us so far and I’m glad we have been the ones to see the potential of someone who has wanted to make his own name. 

Pretty much all of us would have been happy with scraping our way to safety and that is clearly still the aim for the club but we doing it in a style and competency we just aren’t used to.