All things Dundee FC

Mr S - the boy that is clearly ITK (alongside Paulitto) on TDBF - suggesting that Adam Legzdins is being 'primed to be our Director of Football' and is currently doing some sort of degree in sports management similar to what Bowyer had done.

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Mr S - the boy that is clearly ITK (alongside Paulitto) on TDBF - suggesting that Adam Legzdins is being 'primed to be our Director of Football' and is currently doing some sort of degree in sports management similar to what Bowyer had done.

Don't know how I feel about that. DoF is a non roll and waste of pennies as far as I'm concerned. I think getting someone with absolutely zero experience in that roll is just more of the same.

3 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Don't know how I feel about that. DoF is a non roll and waste of pennies as far as I'm concerned. I think getting someone with absolutely zero experience in that roll is just more of the same.

Depends on if he's good at the job or not and what the exact job description is I suppose. Is it going to be aimed at heading the transfer department or is it more of a CEO role? If it's the latter, Keith Lasley & Steven Ferguson have stepped up at St Mirren and Ross County pretty well. A newbie (not saying Legzdins as I have no idea of his qualities for such a role) would maybe be a bit more hands on with the day to day stuff to take a burden off the manager than say Strachan is.

I'm not opposed to it on the surface, just very bizarre. As long as he's the best candidate and it's not just because he's already in the building then I'd be happy enough.

ETA: Come on @Fifespud - I can't wait to read your reaction to this possibility! :lol:

Edited by Ludo*1

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Depends on if he's good at the job or not and what the exact job description is I suppose. Is it going to be aimed at heading the transfer department or is it more of a CEO role? If it's the latter, Keith Lasley & Steven Ferguson have stepped up at St Mirren and Ross County pretty well. A newbie (not saying Legzdins as I have no idea of his qualities for such a role) would maybe be a bit more hands on with the day to day stuff to take a burden off the manager than say Strachan is.

I'm not opposed to it on the surface, just very bizarre. As long as he's the best candidate and it's not just because he's already in the building then I'd be happy enough.

ETA: Come on @Fifespud - I can't wait to read your reaction to this possibility! :lol:

As long as he never puts on the gloves again I’m happy. Thought Sharp was ok yesterday? 

3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

As long as he never puts on the gloves again I’m happy. Thought Sharp was ok yesterday? 

Yeah did well, didn't put a foot wrong. Good to see him putting his disastrous spell at Dunfermline behind him with 2 solid appearances over the past week or so.

25 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think transfers and recruitment have been perfectly fine as of late with the outlier being Costelloe but it seems like he was part of a multi-deal.

I think a part of this weird deal and tie up is this odd restructure and I think the part about already being in the building rings true. 

It's not something we have ever really bothered with so why now? Why not a cheap placeholder in Adam to fill the roll too.

Think this roll is going to be more of a communications thing between Dundee and Burnley more than anything but then again I know absolutely nothing and it's all speculation.

On 26/01/2024 at 19:21, peebles_Dee said:

Jon McCracken 👀

What about him?

I'd be delighted if Legzdins is moving upstairs, we loan out Sharp again and get McCracken on a PCA.

That'd be real competition for Carson and he's not the youngest - certainly not old for a goalkeeper but he does tend to miss parts of every season it seems.

22 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What about him?

I'd be delighted if Legzdins is moving upstairs, we loan out Sharp again and get McCracken on a PCA.

That'd be real competition for Carson and he's not the youngest - certainly not old for a goalkeeper but he does tend to miss parts of every season it seems.

I think it was just that his loan at Accrington had ended.

27 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What about him?

Jon is joining us. He is back at the Canaries and yet there was two goalkeepers on the bench (one of them is 18). He can only come back to us and will be shortly. A bit similar to the Beck situation. Unsure if permanent or loan but would hope and presume it's permanent as I doubt himself and Norwich would loan him out and be the potential back-up to Trevor. Would be a tremendous signing if on permanent as at only 23 which is young for a GK he can replace Carson and would be a shrewd and profitable signing.

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Would mcracken even want to come back after being dicked around the first time?

I reckon he would prefer to be pushing for number 1 at us and knowing he is next in line oppose to being at a club which he's 4/5 choice and not even played for yet. Doc knows his ability and McCracken already knows his teammates. He's already performed well in the Airdrie and Motherwell game. He's one of few Scottish goalkeepers with real potential.

59 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Jon is joining us. He is back at the Canaries and yet there was two goalkeepers on the bench (one of them is 18). He can only come back to us and will be shortly. A bit similar to the Beck situation. Unsure if permanent or loan but would hope and presume it's permanent as I doubt himself and Norwich would loan him out and be the potential back-up to Trevor. Would be a tremendous signing if on permanent as at only 23 which is young for a GK he can replace Carson and would be a shrewd and profitable signing.

@Wee jeemie

What’s the story with Lee Ashcroft? There were a few rumours it was pretty much a done deal for him to join us on loan a few weeks ago.

However, he’s obviously started the last few games due to injuries. Not sure how long Lamie and Portales are out for or what the plan is for Astley but is there any chance Ashcroft still goes out on loan? Or has he played himself into being kept on as a squad option for the rest of the season?