All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Anybody else seen this?

Sent to me by a genuine friend of mine who is a director of another Scottish football club. 

He is not saying that it’s definitely true, he doesn’t know. Personally I think it’s shite. 

IMG_4587.jpeg

It’s from a dab 100%

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What’s the crack with Astley by the way? Thought we might have seen him by now. 

Ashcroft...the man has came in from nowhere and played extremely well...the young lad will have to bide his time.

Really happy with that. Which means I'm also surprised.

Honestly, I can't believe the competence in recruitment from the moment The Doc walked through the door and I've no doubt that he's someone that players will want to come and play for. I notice he's also very, very positive when talking about his players. Builds them up as much as possible and reinforces their strengths. Must give players a great deal of confidence.

McCracken looked really good earlier on and I have to say I was gutted for him and a bit annoyed he was punted for Carson. Although Carson has gone on to prove himself. Delighted to have both.

Have to say I was hoping it was gonna be a permanent signing , I really liked what I saw of him in the 4 games he played for us , and certainly didn’t deserve to be dropped for the incoming Carson at the time , to go with goalies Carson , McCracken and sharp next season would be excellent, seems like Adam Ledgzins is being earmarked for a new role next season , he seems to love the club and loves it  here in Dundee think he wants to stay in the area 

One thing I think we need to be cautious about, is the amount of loan signings we currently are relying on.

I am not disputing the ability or commitment of these players, however we are not really building a team for the next couple of years.

I know in recent times we have offered guys (that are not upto par) long contracts, which is not a great thing either, I think we have just went extreme in the other direction, where we will find ourselves having to build a new squad every season.

Not that I am complaining with things at the moment, but just something to keep an eye on.

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

One thing I think we need to be cautious about, is the amount of loan signings we currently are relying on.

I am not disputing the ability or commitment of these players, however we are not really building a team for the next couple of years.

I know in recent times we have offered guys (that are not upto par) long contracts, which is not a great thing either, I think we have just went extreme in the other direction, where we will find ourselves having to build a new squad every season.

Not that I am complaining with things at the moment, but just something to keep an eye on.

I think it makes sense the first season back up but in the long run you'd suspect that Docherty plans to make more permanent additions to the squad like Astley.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Like others have said I really likes McCracken in the games he played for us. Another loan signing with only months left on their contract that I hope we make permanent. 

What a difference in our club. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

We’ve got a fair few signed up now for next season with some of the loans out of contract in the summer. All good. 

Squad currently has 29 first team players. Usually we are around the 24 mark  . Can see Pineda  , Howley , Robertson and maybe Reilly leaving one way or another 

Howley is probably out for the season with the hamstring injury he picked up on Saturday. That’ll be the reason for the young boy from Liverpool being linked/offered. 

Edited by Dee Bliss

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not quoting the Doc verbatim here but basically he said last week that with only 3 players signed when he took over the only way we could get enough quality into the squad quickly was by going down the loan route. It's all about building blocks and for next season he's looking at signing more permanent, players and building up the squad even further. I think it's been the correct approach but like most Dees would be happy to see less loanees in the squad next season. It would hopefully mean another big step towards the stability we all crave.

On a side note as well as making the club a more attractive proposition for new signings it also helps enormously in persuading some of the big clubs down south to loan out their players to us when they see the success of Beck, Boateng, Mellon etc