All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I think Robinson is suffering from typical young player crisis of confidence.

We saw there is a promising player in there last season, but then he got that injury without ever having established himself in the 1st eleven this season, and it looks to me like its crushed him mentally. The lack of effort and petulance is typical for a young player with no confidence whose head has gone down. Too young to realise he just needs to work his way through it like an older pro would.

Its a shame, because outside of perhaps Mellon, i think he's the most naturally gifted striker at the club, but in the remaining 1/3rd of thr season I can't really see him coming back from it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Being constantly shoved out wide right does not help.

Once we are safe I'd be tempted to give him a free role - let him go where he wants.

Robinson for me, is by a considerable distance our most talented striker. He's had a tough old season but I'd love for us to sign him permanently. Not sure how keen he'd be as he no longer feels like a main player and is a few hundred mile away from his family. 

I’m not totally convinced. We’re up a league and he hasn’t shown much, and his attitude/body language haven’t been convincing. Bakayoko has been way more effective and surely Mellon has to be rated above him too? We’ve swapped Rudden for Main and so far it doesn’t look like much of an upgrade. 
If it stays like this until the end of the season, and given the choice, I’d sign Bakayoko and send Robinson home. He has a chance to change my opinion of course. 

Only seen Robinson v us, so totally unfair to judge him, but he just didnt look up for the fight at all.

Feel like the best top flight strikers are the aggressive ones who can use their body, and he just seemed unwilling to get into wrestling matches. 

Bakayoko was far better and think its obvious why Robinson would be sacrified out wide rather than played as a focal point. Possibly one who needs to play in a front two?

Rudden is a Championship level striker.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Would Sylla and Boateng in midfield work if we were to drop one of Costelleo / Tiffoney / Cameron from the side?   I’m thinking in games where we need to be more defensive / patient.

I would be tempted to do it next week away to Hibs.

Boyle running at our defence gives me the fear.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Sylla was outstanding today, totally strolled it. He won't be here long if that continues. Thought McGhee was good as well. 

Pass marks to all, hopefully the goals will give Tiffoney a bit of confidence, and he can push on 

Totally professional performance from start to finish, couple of great saves from Carson as well.

Like night and day compared with that tangerine guff I witnessed last evening.

Well played Tony and the boys.

Europe here we come.

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Would Sylla and Boateng in midfield work if we were to drop one of Costelleo / Tiffoney / Cameron from the side?   I’m thinking in games where we need to be more defensive / patient.

Tried it up at Aberdeen and it didn’t really work. 

59 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I would be tempted to do it next week away to Hibs.

Boyle running at our defence gives me the fear.

That’s what I’m thinking.   I definitely don’t think we can have Tiffoney, Cameron and Costelleo all in the starting lineup.

9 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Tried it up at Aberdeen and it didn’t really work. 

Good point but I do think there was perhaps an element of Sylla not yet 100% settled in the side.

Either way, I’m certain Doc will assess his options at training this week.  

I also get the feeling Doc sets out a clear game plan and everyone knows exactly what is expected of them.  Not a classic today but there was some great team work.