All things Dundee FC

58 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We should all be boycotting the dump with their unfavourable pricing and messing about with allocations.

Dundee Utds financial woes shouldn't take precedence over a derby that has spanned through the generations.

Watch it in your local pubs or in your house. There's a good away game at Hibs a couple of weeks later where you can enjoy a Saturday out in the capital without having to see a mass congregation of wummin and children singing Love is in the Air and doing the slosh to Beautiful Sunday. 

Thank you. 

While I agree with alot of the posts re Utd ticket costs, we also need to think about the fact that a) the team needs our support, b) if we boycott they will do the same. c) every body has different financial situ.........

It is expensive, however we also long for derbys, and stuffing those Arab's. The deluded fans are living of a 80's reputation, where they were they better club mostly, I like to think we are a better team now, and club is in a better position than them too.

Its all part of being a Dee.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have to disagree.

I don't think every player that's at Dens needs to be a game winning player. We need some steady individuals that can do a job in a range of different positions when others are missing. I don't agree that he was out of his depth in most games either.

I agree with you on Cammy Kerr but I didn't mention him at all in my post and I have to say there's a major difference between a player turning 29 in a few month that lacks a lot of the basics and a 21 year old player that is equally adept with both feet, can cross, can shoot and can play adeptly in multiple positions.

As I say, I'd be worried if Finlay Robertson was going to be a first name on the team sheet, but as a cheap utility player? I can easily see why Docherty isn't trying to get rid and likes him.

Fair comment mate, steady could be the case, but I think we have seen enough to know he isn't good enough IMO. Of course if he hits a worldly winner against utd i'm wrong! 

21 v 29, but I think we have made these wrong decisions over the years, and I hear Kerr was given an almost loyalty contract by Nelms. Anyway hopefully he is off soon, and more wages are freed!

I'll be going to the derby, I'll be paying for me, 1 kid who is an adult, 1 student and 1 child. 

I would usually go to the boozer and let them play pool and a couple of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic as appropriate) - and ply them with a pie and hot dogs at the game - but this will be different as I'm not willing to shell out £200-300+ between tickets, food and drinks.

Butchers pies in the house before the game, right up to the sh!thole for kick off, straight home after.

Probably suits the polis etc to have the day ruined for people at least.

20 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I'll be going to the derby, I'll be paying for me, 1 kid who is an adult, 1 student and 1 child. 

I would usually go to the boozer and let them play pool and a couple of drinks (alcoholic and non alcoholic as appropriate) - and ply them with a pie and hot dogs at the game - but this will be different as I'm not willing to shell out £200-300+ between tickets, food and drinks.

Butchers pies in the house before the game, right up to the sh!thole for kick off, straight home after.

Probably suits the polis etc to have the day ruined for people at least.

This is it, your price for 1 game and the add ons as you would be for a half season ticket.

But others are very 'nothing to see here, the club are right to charge this for stadium up keep'. But let's just ignore inflated wages and managers pay offs.

It's not just the DABs though, the price of a day out at Premiership football, a traditionally working class sport, is becoming out of reach for the working class. I earn a decent living, but I can't justify paying £850 (before pehs etc) for me and my 2 boys to go to Dens for the season. That's still nearly £50 a game with season tickets.

Edited by johnnydun

Excellent news that Kerr is away. 

This is the sort of decision making we've been needing for years to progress.

What can't be doubted is that Kerr gave his all every time he stepped on to the pitch which is more than some can be given credit for and of course personally I was him the best. In football terms it should've been done around 6 years ago.

Thank you.

Only really Max Anderson, Diego Pineda & Adam Legzdins or Harry Sharp (I can't see Legzdins leaving IMO) that I expect to be getting offloaded.

Beginning to feel like a small squad.

22 man squad including the 4 mentioned above.

I know Docherty said we're looking for quality over quantity but jeezo that's tight for a top flight squad.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Only really Max Anderson, Diego Pineda & Adam Legzdins or Harry Sharp (I can't see Legzdins leaving IMO) that I expect to be getting offloaded.

Beginning to feel like a small squad.

22 man squad including the 4 mentioned above.

I know Docherty said we're looking for quality over quantity but jeezo that's tight for a top flight squad.

Don't worry, we'll get our 10 loans in at the end of August to fill out our squad depth.

Never gave less than 100%, sometimes that wasn't enough for some. Never the most talented to pull on the dark blue jersey, but his commitment could never be questioned.

All the best to him, wherever he ends up(as long as it's not across the street).

Edited by jakedee

2 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Never gave less than 100%, sometimes that wasn't enough for some. Never the most talented to pull on the dark blue jersey, but his commitment could never be questioned.

All the best to him, wherever he ends up(as long as it's not across the street).

I would imagine he'll be off to a Championship team...

So you could be right!

Doc not pissing about, no room for sentiment here. Great to see, if you aren’t good enough you aren’t staying. 

Like others, wish Cammy all the very best wherever he ends up and thanks for the years of service on and off the park. 

Fwiw @Ludo*1, our squad was the exact same size this time last season 22 players and we ended up with one of the biggest squads in the league, so I wouldn't worry about the squad depth, as we still have 6 weeks to fill it out.