All things Dundee FC

14 hours ago, LM_0803 said:

Since there's 5 teams in Europe am I right in thinking that the 3 best group winners will be seeded along with the 5 in Europe, leaving the other 5 group winners with the 3 best second placed teams yeah? 

If so, we're only one of 4 teams that can reach 12 points this weekend, and our GD is best of the lot. So a win essentially guarantees a seeded spot in the draw for the last 16. 

Might get United then , oh no their not gonna get through once Falkirk win on Saturday 

Probably missed out on the talk of this but the young lb, Galvez, from City that we were linked with is rumoured to be going to Austrian team LASK on a season long loan. 

Have we had any other links in that position? I take it Barry Douglas isn't happening either - haven't heard anything concrete on him.

3 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Probably missed out on the talk of this but the young lb, Galvez, from City that we were linked with is rumoured to be going to Austrian team LASK on a season long loan. 

Have we had any other links in that position? I take it Barry Douglas isn't happening either - haven't heard anything concrete on him.

I think Douglas will sign

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

We desperately need a CB with experience. Watching the highlights back and Portales looks lost when he is defending. He is great on the ball but defending not so much. We need to aim to be a possession based team.

I will totally agree with you there, especially with the description of Portales as looking 'lost'. He does well with a commander like Shaughnessy instructing him where to be, but otherwise his positional sense is really bad. McGhee, for all his versatility and my bias towards him, isn't a commander in the same fashion as a Shaughnessy or a Robertson.

Problem is though can we afford to dip in for another quality addition there with so many other needs needing addressed first, and with Robertson not a million miles away from being back? That being said, despite feeling quite confident about us going forward against them, the prospect of starting a derby with that same back 3 bodes poorly. The ideal scenario would be getting an experienced head in for 6 months, a year at most. I'm not a big Charles Dunne fan by any stretch but he is the clear name in my head for that short-term cover at the back, wonder if he'd go for a short contract at this level still.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

I’m resigned to the fact we won’t have a LB for the Derby now as time has ran out. Not ideal but it is what it is.

Why, is the derby tomorrow?

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I will totally agree with you there, especially with the description of Portales as looking 'lost'. He does well with a commander like Shaughnessy instructing him where to be, but otherwise his positional sense is really bad. McGhee, for all his versatility and my bias towards him, isn't a commander in the same fashion as a Shaughnessy or a Robertson.

Problem is though can we afford to dip in for another quality addition there with so many other needs needing addressed first, and with Robertson not a million miles away from being back? That being said, despite feeling quite confident about us going forward against them, the prospect of starting a derby with that same back 3 bodes poorly. The ideal scenario would be getting an experienced head in for 6 months, a year at most. I'm not a big Charles Dunne fan by any stretch but he is the clear name in my head for that short-term cover at the back, wonder if he'd go for a short contract at this level still.

Maybe Robertson can play in the middle of a 3 and can be the experienced head. I’m not sure if he can play their but it’s a possibility. There’s no many big experienced leaders on a free at the moment to sign.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Why, is the derby tomorrow?

Just based off signings like Murray getting their own fitness programme to get up to speed before playing any games. Can’t see us signing someone and playing them on Saturday, and equally can’t see us signing someone and their first game being against United. 

7 minutes ago, Girth said:

I know Douglas is 34 now but is he any good!? 

Thank you. 

He was never any good , I remember the dabs moaning like feck about him all the time , their fans didn’t rate him , now hes 35 in a few weeks I wouldn’t waste a wage on him even as a back up 

45 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The goals we conceded v St Mirren at the end of last season back this up. Lets hope we can get Robertson and Shaughnessy back sooner rather than later.

9 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

He was never any good , I remember the dabs moaning like feck about him all the time , their fans didn’t rate him , now hes 35 in a few weeks I wouldn’t waste a wage on him even as a back up 

He's played at a high level right through his career, also, these DAB morons wouldn't know a player if he fell on top of their head.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He's played at a high level right through his career, also, these DAB morons wouldn't know a player if he fell on top of their head.

Thank you.

This is my thinking. 

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

Watching the highlights back and Portales looks lost when he is defending.

I'd be playing him every week but he has to be on the right side, put him on the left side, as was the case last night, and he's a fish out of water. Graham is the only natural fit left sided CH we have though McGhee can play well there. Hoping we don't play Portales there again

What was Boateng like last season? Seen a journalist say we are interested in him? I thought he looked good in the 3-2 game at Tynie, but don't watch you guys closely enough to know if he'd be a decent signing.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

What was Boateng like last season? Seen a journalist say we are interested in him? I thought he looked good in the 3-2 game at Tynie, but don't watch you guys closely enough to know if he'd be a decent signing.

Bite Crystal Palace’s hand off for him if you get a chance is the best compliment I can give