All things Dundee FC

Dillon is 32 in June. 230 appearances for the arabs. Never struck me as being an overly rabid arab. I don't think we could totally disregard him if he was willing and not too expensive.

Sorry!

I agree if the wage was right I think he could be a very shrewd signing.

Can play in number of positions and appears to be a decent leader and has bags of experience.

Don't think he is a rabid Arab iirc he applauded the dundee fans after the league cup game in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Can play in number of positions and appears to be a decent leader and has bags of experience.

Don't think he is a rabid Arab iirc he applauded the dundee fans after the league cup game in September.

He did. Him and Ciftci applauded the Dundee support at the end which was very sporting of Nadir considering he was getting called a fat Turkish waiter.

I don't think we need a player like him. He will be looking for a team to give him at least a two year deal at his age. As said before we already have three right backs on our books and five centre backs including Benny. We shouldn't be looking to sign cast offs from the DABS as we should be challenging them for players if we want to be challenging them in the league next year.

He did. Him and Ciftci applauded the Dundee support at the end which was very sporting of Nadir considering he was getting called a fat Turkish waiter.

Probably looking for a tip, I gave him two 'Stop eating kebabs you fat c**t' and 'eat yellow snow its good for you'.

I don't think we need a player like him. He will be looking for a team to give him at least a two year deal at his age. As said before we already have three right backs on our books and five centre backs including Benny. We shouldn't be looking to sign cast offs from the DABS as we should be challenging them for players if we want to be challenging them in the league next year.

Yeah but the likelihood is we will be having a clear out in the summer and will need defensive cover and as I said earlier signing some like him is almost like signing two players due to him being able to play in a number of positions. He has been a consistent performer for years and doesn't seem to be to injury prone.

Everyone has differing opinions but I think he would be a decent enough signing if the money was right.

Are we realistically going to be challenging them next year? I think we are still maybe a couple of seasons away from pushing into 4/5 position.

And of course give that he eats ulow snow you could have given him a third tip, which is always wash your hair in the bath before you pull your wire.....
:lol:
Yeah but the likelihood is we will be having a clear out in the summer and will need defensive cover and as I said earlier signing some like him is almost like signing two players due to him being able to play in a number of positions. He has been a consistent performer for years and doesn't seem to be to injury prone. Everyone has differing opinions but I think he would be a decent enough signing if the money was right. Are we realistically going to be challenging them next year? I think we are still maybe a couple of seasons away from pushing into 4/5 position. Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril mobile app
Fair enough mate, I would prefer us to sign younger players or players who can got straight into the first team.I honestly think with Hartley's ambition he will be looking to challenge with the DABS next year.

Fair enough mate, I would prefer us to sign younger players or players who can got straight into the first team.I honestly think with Hartley's ambition he will be looking to challenge with the DABS next year.

You don't think a player who has been playing consistently for a top 4/5 team for last 5 years could go straight into our team?

You don't think a player who has been playing consistently for a top 4/5 team for last 5 years could go straight into our team?

Maybe, depends who it is. I would just like us to be signing younger up and coming players or players better than Sean Dillon.

RandomGuy., on 27 Jan 2015 - 13:27, said:RandomGuy., on 27 Jan 2015 - 13:27, said:

This post pretty much proves how clueless you are, tbh.

Two average at best CH's whom like many players in this league just 'fit' at a certain club. Neither would start for us if our CH's were playing to their ability.

Deemons, on 27 Jan 2015 - 13:32, said:Deemons, on 27 Jan 2015 - 13:32, said:

To answer that honestly, not got a clue! A keeper at Dumarton or Alloa no doubt... I kind of want to see him play again, given the manner he was thrown in the squad and the goals themselves I don't think he could've done much better other than two of them!

Keepers at Alloa:

John Gibson - Hartley's already released him and probably not good enough even for back-up in this league.

Craig McDowall - Has looked brutal every time I've seen him which is more often than you'd think, keeping Gibson out the side due to Gibson's season being very stop start, helped in no part due to injuries.

Keepers at Dumbarton:

Stephen Grindlay - Not good enough for Dumbarton, never mind us.

Danny Rogers - Decent talent, on loan from Aberdeen, so not for us.

I read on TDB that Geddes is off to America in the summer (More than likely nonsense) but if that's true we'll be needing a GK coach too. Is there any ageing keepers in the lower leagues that is looking to become a goalkeeping coach and has an affiliation with Dundee? Hmm I wonder!

Reckon Kyle Gourlay will be third choice/go out on loan considering he's highly rated by Geddes/Hartley, even has the lad participating in the pre-match warm-ups.

Grant Adam - Not for me, even as back-up.

dundeefc1783, on 27 Jan 2015 - 14:52, said:dundeefc1783, on 27 Jan 2015 - 14:52, said:

Dillon has always been a utility man for United. He's never been deemed great despite their stature in this league, yes, he probably would slot straight in but he'd be putting promising talent well down the pecking order and he's not substantially better than what we have therefore he's not worth a deal in my opinion.

Edited by Ludo *1

I read on TDB that Geddes is off to America in the summer (More than likely nonsense) but if that's true we'll be needing a GK coach too. Is there any ageing keepers in the lower leagues that is looking to become a goalkeeping coach and has an affiliation with Dundee? Hmm I wonder!

Liking your thinking

He would certainly be capable of emergency cover in the sticks similar to a certain Paul Mathers who is apparently still registered to play for St Mirren.