All things Dundee FC

Moussa is a typical hit and miss type striker, swing, swipe miss! Looks like he's wearing his boots on the wrong feet or someone's tied his laces together for a joke. Big unit...so should be good in the air, but...oh no, who knows what corner the balls gonna ping off! Absolutely zero composure in front of goal..... probably a nice bloke though

3 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I was one of Holts critics last season, and at the beginning of this season. Since Spanish Jon has come in, Holts been very good every week, near enough.

Felt Kamara has another good game. Going to stop stay that, as he's doing it week in week out.

I'm not sticking up for Moussa here as I think he should be scoring. Last week people were slating Deacon for not 'passing it into the net' this week Moussa is getting slated for doing exactly that, Cerny makes a good save.

For me, AJLS is getting let off the hook a little here while Moussa is being slated. If what McCann is saying and Moussa was the designated taker and AJLS decided he was taking it is true, he deserves a slap around the head to put him in his place. If Moussa takes and scores the pen, we're 2-0 up after 20, in complete control and not losing that game. The full facts won't come out but if it's the case the AJLS overruled the manager on this then McCann should rightly be fuming.

It's hard to take a loss like that as until the 75th minute Dundee were in complete control. McGowan going off changed the match, I think O'Hara instead of Deacon would have been a better sub at the time.

AJLS possibly getting off the hook a bit because no one can be arsed trying to say his fucking name!

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Also regarding Allan he hasn't been up to much, but sadly neither has rest of our midfield bar Kamara

Very harsh on Deacon, Spence and Gowser. Would like to see Allan given a chance in the midfield 3 if Spence or Gowser's performances drop. 

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Deacon has no end up product. I like him as a player but what has he done so far.
Spence yeh I forgot about. Does his job quietly .
McGowan i still think is pish.

I hear what you're saying about Deacon but if we had a half decent striker in our squad that would make a near post run I reckon he'd have a good few assists already. Numerous games he's gone past the fullbacks at ease but none of the strikers have gambled on running to the front post. The 1st thing taught to strikers. 

Every manager learns eventually that Gowser is one of the 1st picks. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I agree fully. However we don't and Deacon is not effective at this moment. Like you say a better striker and it could all come together.
However keep playing Moussa then it won't happen

AJLS has something about him, lacks a bit of pace but Moussa, Haber and El Bahktoui aren't goalscorers at this level and doubt they ever will be. 

Edited to say how good good is the boy Kamara, what a player. It appeared 50/50 at the time between  him and the German trialist (Nils Rutten I think) who was the better. Might be worth keeping an eye on him as well. 

Edited by Yenitit

Lads, Moussa clearly isn't Kane Hemmings and wouldn't be with us if he was a real goal scorer. I'm sure McCann took him as he doesn't like Haber. That said Haber was excellent in the league cup win against United. I'd like to see him have a few games with Hyphen man just to see. He can't be worse.
Still furious at losing when we are so far ahead for so long.

33 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just watched the highlights again, Bain, O'Dea and Moussa dropped for the next one. Parish, Waddell and Haber in. IMO.

Bain made 1 mistake yesterday and got punished for it.

O'Dea just kept  on giving stupid free kicks away for needless pushes and the like. 

The amount of attacks that break down because of Holt can't be forgotten either. 

5 minutes ago, Pinko said:

Agreed, he's not up to it anymore. Putting the captaincy on him was a mistake, makes dropping him seem more dramatic!

No he is not. He is too slow and his challenges are too clumsy and off the pace of the game. We have younger, fitter guys now that have proved their worth and deserve a regular spot ahead of him. We look a lot more comfortable and stable at the back without him. 

Edited by johnnydun

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I think with him, he knows he's going to be playing every week, there's no challenge. I would drop him now.

Fair enough. I think he's crucial to playing out from the back. Very comfortable on the ball and is quite vocal in organising those in front of him. 

28 minutes ago, Pinko said:

For having so many good defenders and who is supposed to be one of best keepers in Scotland along with Kamara who's been class in the holding role.... How are we not keeping clean sheets!?

Score the penalty,  go 2 up, knock the heart out of Partick = clean sheet.

As long as the strikers and midfield struggle to score it gives the opposition a huge lift and because of that the defence will always be under pressure.

Moussa is the worst player Ive ever seen in a Dundee shirt, worse than even Yordi, if McCann continues to play him we are fcked.

Bain wont get dropped, I think McCann is hoping he will sign a new contract.

Im not convinced by any of our attacking options, Deacon has no final product, Wolters is fatter than me, Moussa should be sacked, Leitch-Smith is average, Haber is more miss than hit, El Bakh is never going to be good enough, and Wighton is injured, but not a scorer when fit anyway.

Id play this team against Motherwell.

Bain

Hendry Meekings Waddell

Curran Spence Kamara Holt

McGowan

Leitch-Smith Haber