All things Dundee FC

Anybody able to update me on what's happened on the previous page? Somebody has sworn on it, and the works computer has blocked the page. Thank you.

I said “it would be s***e to have a player of that calibre for only a few months before he f***s off to Glasgow or back down south.”.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Caulker sounds like an outstanding signing, you have to wonder whats wrong with him that's ended with him as a free agent signing for Dundee in February, though. 

Seems to be a few issues in the background.

No idea about money but if it was even £150k of the Hendry money (more than £5k a week) which goes towards him and he's fit enough to play every week, it does seem like a decent use of funds to stabilise us and protect against relegation before we rebuild in the summer. We've not been bad on form but I do feel there is real potential for us to collapse. Our best defender, Meekings, is historically injury prone and even he has cost a large number of goals this season in poor individual errors.

18 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Seems to be a few issues in the background.

No idea about money but if it was even £150k of the Hendry money (more than £5k a week) which goes towards him and he's fit enough to play every week, it does seem like a decent use of funds to stabilise us and protect against relegation before we rebuild in the summer. We've not been bad on form but I do feel there is real potential for us to collapse. Our best defender, Meekings, is historically injury prone and even he has cost a large number of goals this season in poor individual errors.

That sort of wage would be a hell of risk if he flops, though. 

Suppose every signing is a risk. 

A potentially inspired signing for both sides. For us, the reasons are obvious, but I think it could be really good for him too. 

Simply put;  not everyone is immediately equipped to handle the pressures of playing high-profile football. That seems to be part of the story with his off-field struggles. He may simply want 6 months or so in Scotland to sort his head out, get games under his belt and reignite his career/love for football. I'd imagine coming to the relative obscurity of the SPFL would be quite appealing, tbh. Not everyone wants the same things, so this could be a really good move for him personally (away from the media intrusion that goes hand-in-hand with English football).

Regardless of whether we sign him or not, best of luck to him.

Thank you.

Edited by LiamDFC

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Were Celtic not interested in him this season. If he does sign, it’s probably on a 6 month deal to see if he likes Scotland before moving to Glasgow. What’s the chances that Celtic are helping fund his wage as part of the Hendry deal?

None

I’m not saying we are going to sign Caulker but if your club gains the reputation for developing or resurrecting players’ careers it makes singings similar to this more of a possibility.

Within 6 months McCann helped to put Hendry’s career back on track.  That will not have gone unnoticed by other players.

Edited by Shadow Play

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That sort of wage would be a hell of risk if he flops, though. 

Suppose every signing is a risk. 

Are you aware we just got 7 figures for Hendry. We’re rolling in it now. 

Said a Dundee fan for the 1st time ever :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m not saying we are going to sign Caulker but if your club gains the reputation for developing or resurrecting players’ careers it makes singings similar to this more of a possibility.

Within 6 months McCann helped to put Hendry’s career back on track.  That will not have gone unnoticed by other players.

Spot on Shadow. Along with signing youngsters from down south for the development side. Lambert gaining his debut within 6 months of signing for us is an example to others that the opportunity is there to progress their careers at our club. I’d imagine that was what would’ve be said to the 2 young lads signed from down south last week. 

Kamara becoming an internationalist too. I suspect him and Jon will be playing higher than us at the end of the season.