All things Dundee FC

33 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Oh please, that'd be one of our array of eateries; The Kosta-Diner

I thought a coffee shop named in his honour would be good. I'm sure there wouldn't be any legal problems there. 

I'm sure I've posted this before but I used to regularly see Kosta sitting in the Costa at town enjoying a hot beverage. I'd always chuckle to myself and hope that he did that for the hilarious wordplay.

Edited by Louis Litt

I'm sure I've posted this before but I used to regularly see Kosta sitting in the Costa at town enjoying a hot beverage. I'd always chuckle to myself and hope that he did that for the hilarious wordplay.

Banned by Starbucks when they asked what his name was, imo.

10 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Think one of the stands will still be the bobby cox?

I’d say so.

I’d go for naming the 4 stands Cox, Shankly, Steel, Gilzean. 

The most expensive hospitality suite named after George Anderson. Then Cowie, Scott, Wallace etc. 

Kosta & Wighton food stall in the away end. 

A bit of topic, do you think Yenited have played their last ever league game at Dens? I think so. 

Edited by Yenitit

23 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’d say so.

The most expensive hospitality suite named after George Anderson. Then Cowie, Scott, Wallace etc. 

A bit of topic, do you think Yenited have played their last ever league game at Dens? I think so. 

It would be absolutely glorious if that McGowan goal was the last goal scored in a Derby at Dens

26 minutes ago, Girth said:

Going back a bit - did anyone ever get their hands on a 'f**k the DABS' scarf please chaps?

I saw a Dee video montage somewhere the other day and I spotted a few in the crowd, completely forgetting that the idea originated here until you just mentioned it. 

I’d say so.

Good shout actually think the dabs will be down for another 5 seasons

A lot of rubbish I presume?IMG-20180523-WA0010.thumb.jpg.4e6dbbaa9b08e5819afab24197d0b3f2.jpg

I've not read the Article or seen it but from what I understand they're trying to get a company to pay for naming rights for 2 years to cover about 1/3 of the running costs of Dens before we move to the Nou Campy and have been working on it for a while now. The Nou Campy will almost certainly have a naming rights deal as well.

If it costs 300k a year to keep it standing and they can get in 100k in naming rights to cover some of that cost and allow more investment in the playing squad then, to be honest, id be all for it.

21 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Good shout actually think the dabs will be down for another 5 seasons

I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll never be back. Forever languishing mid table in the championship, a bit like Morten. Thank you.

Would this money get used for our playing squad ?

Investment and money being brought in has been pretty good as of late especially with our biggest fee ever received for Hendry.

Also aren't we away to splash the cash ( 250 000) on some conference player?

Wherever the money goes it's better than using it to cover the costs of dilapidation and maintenance of the stadium.

If it goes to the scouting network, or to cover fees for he new stadium or towards the playing budget it's more useful.

I know people are still skeptical but it's great to have someone like Nelms with a good business sense and vision in charge of the club.

Kilmac Stadium actually sounds decent enough too.

I’d say so.

I endorse every single word of that post. Would add a William Longair lounge to reflect our history spanning three different centuries and honour a man who served the club for nearly 4 decades.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say they'll never be back. Forever languishing mid table in the championship, a bit like Morten. Thank you.

They’ve just signed Nicky Clark so I imagine they’ll all have themselves down as title winners. Again.