All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Saintees love a bite don't they? hehe

That might be my fault. Turned Tam’s comment around on them regards Europe and they bite like f**k. I must apologise for 3 pages of these fuds. They’re on here trying to bait us but constantly  bite like f**k. 

Be as well as shutting down the Saintees thread, it’s in the box office thread they always post anyway. 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotland don't have to qualify for the Qualifiers. 

He's just going off what UEFA state, the "Qualifiers" are stated as being Group Stage Qualifying games, not qualifying games for the tournament. It's not a hard thing to understand, but I understand why Dundee fans are so desperate to ignore that, as its literally all they have to cling on to. 

UEFA list us as having appeared in the Europa. 

https://www.uefa.com/teamsandplayers/teams/club=64249/profile/history/index.html

So I presume when Scotland had the double header playoff spot against England in 99 and lost we qualified for the European Championship then. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

So I presume when Scotland had the double header playoff spot against England in 99 and lost we qualified for the European Championship then. 

No. 

4 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Roll on the season starting, hopefully then the saints girls will piss off to their own thread.

Then again, they're that stupid they most likely can't find it.

Image result for forrest gump stupid is

5 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Roll on the season starting,hopefully then the saints girls will piss off to there own thread.

Then again there that stupid they must likely can't find it.

Calling folk stupid and fucking up in the same post isn't clever Kev.

Let's get back to talking about the mighty Dee lads. Even I fucking tried to get it back on track.

Calling folk stupid and fucking up in the same post isn't clever Kev.

Let's get back to talking about the mighty Dee lads. Even I fucking tried to get it back on track.
Was never good at spelling [emoji23][emoji23]

22 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Glen was sent to represent the club at the Captain's Photocall today. Potential new captain?

Would explain why we've been rotating it around when he's been out.

Token gesture for him staying?

It's funny how things work in football. Kamara only getting a 2 year deal was a consequence of Hartley tying duds down for too long and now for playing it safe, we've weakened our stance. 

It's funny how things work in football. Kamara only getting a 2 year deal was a consequence of Hartley tying duds down for too long and now for playing it safe, we've weakened our stance. 

Lol - reminds me of when someone leaves my work. They get the blame for everything that goes wrong for at least 2 years.

I genuinely don’t think Kamara is as good as we make him out to be. Who would you rather - Kamara or John McGinn? To me McGinn is miles better.

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Lol - reminds me of when someone leaves my work. They get the blame for everything that goes wrong for at least 2 years.

I genuinely don’t think Kamara is as good as we make him out to be. Who would you rather - Kamara or John McGinn? To me McGinn is miles better.

Right now McGinn is the better player.  

Worth remembering though that prior to playing for Dundee Kamara has had very few first team appearances.  Effectively Kamara has had one season of first team appearances.  That’s with a Dundee team that quite frankly struggled all season.

Who will be the better player in the long run?  I’m not so sure.

12 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

I'm hoping this is the season Gowser is used less and less.   If I see him one more time stopping a decent attack to do his daft wee 360 I may lose the plot.

He does that because he is not a fast runner with the ball at his feet.  Most opposition players will catch up with him so like any player in that position he only really has two options.  Pass the ball or double back to keep possession.  Unfortunately McGowan doesn’t have a strong pass either.

I know I’ll probably get shot down for this post but I don’t think anyone can genuinely argue it’s not the case.

I'm hoping this is the season Gowser is used less and less.   If I see him one more time stopping a decent attack to do his daft wee 360 I may lose the plot.

No chance, was our next best player behind Kamara last year, gives 100% and that wee 360 pivot works 9 times out of 10.

53 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

Thought he was worst performer of the 4 midfielders on Saturday. Kept giving the ball away 1st half which is unlike him. It’ll be him or Spence who makes way for Kamara on Saturday.