All things Dundee FC

Docherty on signing Pineda:

I am extremely pleased to have this deal agreed. It came about after securing the signing of Antonio Portales. We spoke to Antonio to find out who the best strikers in his league were and who he didn’t like playing against and Diego’s name was a really prominent figure.

“Our recruitment team then did a lot of work looking into Diego and what he had to offer and everything we saw of him greatly impressed us. He is a proper number nine, his movement is great and he scores all types of goals. He is a grafter, he works centre-halves, he gets into real goal-scoring positions, he scores from crosses and gets on the end of things.

“I think it will excite the fans and Diego will bring something different to the Scottish Premiership. We are really looking forward to getting him over and working with him. It is a brilliant acquisition for the club and something I am really excited about.”

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Welcome back to the relegation battle, thought your home top and pushed you to safety, but thankfully thats evened it out.

If your football teams league position was based on your posts it wouldn’t even make the juniors. 

zzzzzz

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Docherty on signing Pineda:

Genuinely always thought the "ask player to recommend signing" option on FM was totally unrealistic.

Who knew 😂

I think it's great that we're back to thinking out the box

The last visit to this league was thoroughly depressing, we don't know if we've got a couple of players but f**k it's more exciting than signing another Cillian Sheridan.

I honestly couldn't care less if he turns out to be terrible.

I'm an absolute sucker for random, foreign signings.

And see when they do stuff like this?

Already a cult hero IMO.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Already a cult hero IMO.

See you soon, amigo 🫡🇲🇽

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Who are our Mexican scouts or our Mexican contact cause these seem random and I very much doubt The Doc had any say whatsoever in these guys

It'll be WyScout and it will have been on Docherty's say so.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye, that's the very first clip in his wee action video we posted:

Just checked and aye, the clips there are just the most recent 5 goals listed on WyScout for him, so definitely where the scoutings taken place.

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Already a cult hero IMO.

Fair to say this guy will either play six games and disappear, or be amazing.  There’s no way signings like this can be mediocre.  

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Fair to say this guy will either play six games and disappear, or be amazing.  There’s no way signings like this can be mediocre.  

I ask myself will he be the next Tankulic, and only have a target to shag every lassie in Dundee’s nightclubs.