All things Dundee FC

Are friendlies only 40 mins each way?

Overall a decent performance (apart from the 1st 15 mins) created a few chances, looked good on the ball, passed it well, apart from that howler from McCracken at the end.

Think we'll have enough for the 2nd leg...😉

If Murray hasn’t been training with them till this point it seems a foregone conclusion he’ll be gone and all a bit of a game on county’s part. Fair enough they want the maximum return they can get for him, I just hope we are looking elsewhere as it looks like he’s Hibs bound and we can’t get near the wages they’ve offered. Concerned we’re missing out on targets as each day passes. 

39 minutes ago, K.T said:

If Murray hasn’t been training with them till this point it seems a foregone conclusion he’ll be gone and all a bit of a game on county’s part. Fair enough they want the maximum return they can get for him, I just hope we are looking elsewhere as it looks like he’s Hibs bound and we can’t get near the wages they’ve offered. Concerned we’re missing out on targets as each day passes. 

It’s got nothing to do with money he wants to play at dens

2 hours ago, Vicdfc said:

It’s got nothing to do with money he wants to play at dens

1 hour ago, K.T said:

How do you know that? Interested if you’ve heard it direct from him or if it’s just word on the street. 

A few posters on one of @Ludo*1's threads on 'The Dark Blues' share the same sentiments, ie Dens Park is apparently his first choice.

When we recall Sir Charles of Adam signing up to play alongside the quality of colleagues that he did, that's pure love for the club that is.

Simon Murray is now in the healthy position whereby he can answer his Dark Blue heart and his footballing head, by signing for The Dees.

Tony Doc, dig your heels in, make it so please.

Thank you.  

The league two striker I mentioned a while back was Callum Hendry but other teams are also interested in him. I don’t know if we are still interested in him as it has been a while.

We are also monitoring Dylan Watret who is an Ayr United RB who is 17 years old. I doubt it will happen this year but it’s one to keep an eye on.

6 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

The league two striker I mentioned a while back was Callum Hendry but other teams are also interested in him. I don’t know if we are still interested in him as it has been a while.

We are also monitoring Dylan Watret who is an Ayr United RB who is 17 years old. I doubt it will happen this year but it’s one to keep an eye on.

Callum Hendry would be a sensational signing, very hard to believe though considering he'll be on a massive wedge and still has a year left at Salford. Would be far more exciting than Murray in my humble opinion, but I would be amazed if we had anywhere close to the required funds to facilitate this. Can't wait for Random to come over to reinforce this point 🙄

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

2 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

A few posters on one of @Ludo*1's threads on 'The Dark Blues' share the same sentiments, ie Dens Park is apparently his first choice.

When we recall Sir Charles of Adam signing up to play alongside the quality of colleagues that he did, that's pure love for the club that is.

Simon Murray is now in the healthy position whereby he can answer his Dark Blue heart and his footballing head, by signing for The Dees.

Tony Doc, dig your heels in, make it so please.

Thank you.  

Not really the same, Charlie Adam was a multi millionare at the very end of his career when he signed. Murray has one decent contract left to sign, and I doubt he's a millionare. Hibs will be offering a far bigger salary, it's a difficult one for Si, but if Uncle Roy says no, then nothing will happen anyway. (although would love it, if it did)

Thank you.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Callum Hendry would be a sensational signing, very hard to believe though considering he'll be on a massive wedge and still has a year left at Salford. Would be far more exciting than Murray in my humble opinion, but I would be amazed if we had anywhere close to the required funds to facilitate this. Can't wait for Random to come over the reinforce this point 🙄

Teams In England are interested in him also. He has signed a new contract at Salford but it looks likely he will leave. Its definitely a better signing than Murray.

42 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Motherwell, Burton Albion and MK Dons are all apparently in for him according to Alan Nixon the other day, still got a year left on his deal at Salford so there would have to be a fee involved.