All things Dundee FC

42 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

United gave 1,342 tickets to Raith rather than the usual 1,950*.  I’m assuming we’ll only get 1,950 as well?

* 10 seats more than was required for United fans at the Doon Derby.

Their only hope of winning is mind games. 

Sad really. 

Unfortunately not going as work commitments, but even if I could £80 for 2 tickets ,pre match bevvy, pie and like at half time, post match bevvy, the whole day just costs too much for my dad and i, kudos to those 1600 that can afford it and again to those die hard that make week in week out home and away , you’ve certainly earned your badges over the years.

4 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

United gave 1,342 tickets to Raith rather than the usual 1,950*.  I’m assuming we’ll only get 1,950 as well?

* 10 seats more than was required for United fans at the Doon Derby.

Will never happen, but I would give them the main stand allocation and that's it for the return fixture.

f**k the money.

Thank you.

44 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Will never happen, but I would give them the main stand allocation and that's it for the return fixture.

f**k the money.

Thank you.

Stuffing them on 2nd January with an old Olympia Cannonball style hooleys-tear laden exit drill as the Derry mocks is much better viewing though.

We shouldn't be going all Old Firmy. Let the DABs play the moron act and we'll continue to be the shining lights in this Derby that's spanned back decades. Utd can cheer their allocation cut - it can be a shining light in a depressing season for them.

Dens only has a few years left before we move onto bigger and better things; let's end the era of this stadium that spans back in our generations with the trouncing of the Filth across the road and keep the dynamics of the game the way it's been since our past bloodlines stood in the same place (at least since the gloryhunters decided to cross the road and joined the influx from East Angus and beyond).

Thank you.

I still think we have 3 or 4 to come in - probably via the loan market.

I’m not overly happy with the opening day derby - just think it’s too soon for such a big game - you’d never get an Old Firm season opener these days, doubt you’d see it in Edinburgh either - so not sure why we have been plummed with it. 

Based on the squads we both have we beat the DABs 9 times out of 10 - the only hope they have is our players getting unnecessarily caught up in the occasion and dragged down to their championship level - and a frenetic opening day doesn’t help that IMO. 

It’s quite funny seeing the change in tone on DAB social media since Saturday though. 

8 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

an atrocious Junior ground, with a ridiculously squint and sloping pitch

I’m convinced one of the corner flags was higher than the crossbars. 

I had a quick Look at our starting eleven who last played utd. f**k me, we’ve came on leaps and bounds since then and with an actual manager in place. Our starting eleven Saturday would put 3/4 past them. 

Lawlor

Kerr

Sweeney

McGhee

Marshall

Anderson

Byrne

Adam

McMullan

Mullen

McGowan. 

11 minutes ago, Toby Marsh said:

I had a quick Look at our starting eleven who last played utd. f**k me, we’ve came on leaps and bounds since then and with an actual manager in place. Our starting eleven Saturday would put 3/4 past them. 

Lawlor

Kerr

Sweeney

McGhee

Marshall

Anderson

Byrne

Adam

McMullan

Mullen

McGowan. 

charlie1.jpg.ec16997b70d76675954ea6fd81997f43.jpg

charlie2.jpg.68011233918f394dbe7f482ed9a078ba.jpg

charlie4.jpg.d6666cacd562311729d37be5eb1a1f3d.jpg

3 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Stuffing them on 2nd January with an old Olympia Cannonball style hooleys-tear laden exit drill as the Derry mocks is much better viewing though.

We shouldn't be going all Old Firmy. Let the DABs play the moron act and we'll continue to be the shining lights in this Derby that's spanned back decades. Utd can cheer their allocation cut - it can be a shining light in a depressing season for them.

Dens only has a few years left before we move onto bigger and better things; let's end the era of this stadium that spans back in our generations with the trouncing of the Filth across the road and keep the dynamics of the game the way it's been since our past bloodlines stood in the same place (at least since the gloryhunters decided to cross the road and joined the influx from East Angus and beyond).

Thank you.

Difference between the clubs is that United can actually fill out a bigger stadium in Tannadice for big games and don't need to give the Dees any seats they can't sell themselves.

3 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Difference between the clubs is that United can actually fill out a bigger stadium in Tannadice for big games and don't need to give the Dees any seats they can't sell themselves.

Seen your 'sell outs' before.

Empty seats everywhere, not to mention the freebies you throw around.

Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Shed was 50% flags last time 

5 minutes ago, HulltoonDee said:

United end will be empty by half time anyway, really loyal fans. 

It's a long way back to Monifieth and the surrounding areas. 

14 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Genuinely can't remember the last time Dundee had a sell out, home or away. 

Amusing to hear some fans unwilling to pay the extra fiver or whatever for a ticket at Tannadice this year, get the violins oot. It's the cost of a pint ffs. 

12 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Genuinely can't remember the last time Dundee had a sell out, home or away. 

Amusing to hear some fans unwilling to pay the extra fiver or whatever for a ticket at Tannadice this year, get the violins oot. It's the cost of a pint ffs. 

The Dundee end was sold out when your sorry excuse of a team were relegated. The only thing preventing it from being a complete sell out was Utd bringing the lowest away support in derby history even outdoing a planned  Dundee boycott during administration.

You've taken back the Shed and fill a quarter (front rows) with flags due to health and safety as well as always having massive patches where the wummin and bairns who get their free handouts don't decide to turn up. Whether that's due to weekend alterations to the buses from the arse ends of East Angus I don't know.

It's very interesting that Utd suddenly want to speak about attendances rather than the football over the last couple of seasons. I can't remember that happening much the decade before. Any reason for the change on the cusp of the opening game? Utd have the higher budget and should be wiping the floor with a Dundee side who have lost the majority of the loan deals that were so successful last season.

Thank you.

Wow - that's a lot to digest about the forthcoming derby! 

But expect there will be a lot of movement in the transfer market for both teams, one battering of a low league team doenst change my mind that we are short up top, and we need to get rid of the dross that's in the team on contracts, Kerr, Anderson, Finn. I really am unsure if Mulligan is any good either he has done nothing since he broke through.

We still have to get a left back, another Boateng type, a winger, and another defender. The thought of a aged, returning from serious injury Joe fills me with fear!

Edited by Dee-lighted
e

27 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The Dundee end was sold out when your sorry excuse of a team were relegated. The only thing preventing it from being a complete sell out was Utd bringing the lowest away support in derby history even outdoing a planned  Dundee boycott during administration.

You've taken back the Shed and fill a quarter (front rows) with flags due to health and safety as well as always having massive patches where the wummin and bairns who get their free handouts don't decide to turn up. Whether that's due to weekend alterations to the buses from the arse ends of East Angus I don't know.

It's very interesting that Utd suddenly want to speak about attendances rather than the football over the last couple of seasons. I can't remember that happening much the decade before. Any reason for the change on the cusp of the opening game? Utd have the higher budget and should be wiping the floor with a Dundee side who have lost the majority of the loan deals that were so successful last season.

Thank you.

What's united's ticket sales for the doon derby got to do with dundee selling out all their tickets for a home or away game? You're reaching there.

The fact is, United have been outperforming the Dees in terms of ticket sales for decades now whether that be regular games, cup finals, season tickets and even when we have been in the championship we have had superior attendances home and away. 

Taking back the shed and having to cover some of the front rows has nothing to do with United, it's a safety measure that many stadiums have to abide by, we would sell these rows out for any big game if possible as been proved in the past. 

In terms of budgets, how do you know we have a bigger budget than Dundee? What's that based on? In terms of the derby game, if anyone should be pumping anyone it should be Dundee considering where you guys finished last season. I think it's safe to say that we are an unknown quantity at the minute and Goodwin should be nowhere near Tannadice but we are stuck with him. We are still a few signings short and we historically do shite in the league cup games but I am sure by the time the derby comes around we will be ready for it and it'll be a tight game, absolutely nothing to fear from Dundee. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Butters Scotch