All things Dundee FC

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Very nice video package, didn't include possibly my favourite Cammy goal though.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxZpAOuP_zbQIhlfXrxGvdNowolVeYPrE2?si=uLvv1roT2Dph2i-G

That video is so well done it made me feel bad for wanting him gone for the past 5 year.

Almost.

Superb. Wish him nothing but the best in the rest of his career and I've no doubt he'll get into coaching and be back at the club in some capacity one day even if it's just volunteering to help out the youngsters as that's the kinda guy Cammy is.

6 hours ago, Thomohawk said:

£5 x 18 home/away games = £90 net of tax = c. £150 gross (depending on what you earn) x 2 (assuming you go with a family member) = £300 per annum of income consumed from increases like this. 

Dundee is not a wealthy city and £300 to watch relatively sub-standard football (I love Dundee but can admit they aren't going to win the Champions League any time soon) in a decrepit stadium just can't stack up for a lot of people, and understandably so. You might find sums like this "f**k all" but it's easy to see why a lot of people will stop going. 

I was talking about a one off game for one person and If you were going to attend the whole season then you would just buy a season ticket which happens to be pretty good value compared to buying a single match ticket 18 times.

I know certain people complaining about the extra increase ticket costs tend to be the same folk that go to the boozer or go out for meals/eat take away several times a week, booking big holidays throughout the year etc

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

That video is so well done it made me feel bad for wanting him gone for the past 5 year.

Almost.

Superb. Wish him nothing but the best in the rest of his career and I've no doubt he'll get into coaching and be back at the club in some capacity one day even if it's just volunteering to help out the youngsters as that's the kinda guy Cammy is.

That’s exactly where I sit on it all. He had to go and he’s not been good enough for years but can’t doubt his commitment to the club. 

The video is brilliantly done. 

9 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

I was talking about a one off game for one person and If you were going to attend the whole season then you would just buy a season ticket which happens to be pretty good value compared to buying a single match ticket 18 times.

I know certain people complaining about the extra increase ticket costs tend to be the same folk that go to the boozer or go out for meals/eat take away several times a week, booking big holidays throughout the year etc

It's not a one-off though, is it, if every away team increases their prices by "only" £5. I'm not sure why you're on about season tickets - Dundee supporters clearly aren't going to buy one for every ground across Scotland so the additional £5 would need to be covered, assuming every club does something similar and you go to every game. 

You may very well be in a comfortable financial position but many aren't, and clubs increasing their prices by 15/20% is, in my opinion, taking the piss. 

7 hours ago, stu2910 said:

There comes a point though where it's just not possible to shell out that amount of money any more and not through any lack of will.  The prices are becoming too much just for a single adult ticket, but the cost of also bringing kids is crazy for the average person even before adding food etc and if they don't get the football bug as a kid it'll be near impossible to attract them as an adult.

It was only a few years ago that tickets started racing away from £20 and people were campaigning for them to be fixed at that level.  Suddenly it's deemed acceptable that we are approaching £40?!  In 10 years' time are we going to be paying £50 for a run of the mill Scottish football match?

Yeah I totally get it if people don't want to pay the money as they can't justify it anymore. Football isn't a cheap sport to follow every week. 

However, Under 12 prices are £6 for Dundee CAT A games, £4 for CAT B is pretty good, obviously above that age is expensive at £20.

Also, you can always just eat in the house before and after you go to/leave the stadium etc.

The price of everything is going up every year, I remember pints of beer being 2.50 that are now closer to the 6 quid mark so let's not pretend it's a football thing.

3 minutes ago, Thomohawk said:

It's not a one-off though, is it, if every away team increases their prices by "only" £5. I'm not sure why you're on about season tickets - Dundee supporters clearly aren't going to buy one for every ground across Scotland so the additional £5 would need to be covered, assuming every club does something similar and you go to every game. 

You may very well be in a comfortable financial position but many aren't, and clubs increasing their prices by 15/20% is, in my opinion, taking the piss. 

The point I made was about a one off game though and I brought up the season tickets as someone else mentioned paying for 18 home games which you wouldn't do as you would have a season ticket.

Most fans don't attend away games, they will pick and choose throughout the season at their discretion if they go to any at all. I personally think all away games should be capped like they do in the EPL due to the costs of travel but that ain't ever going to happen anytime soon. 

38 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Completely missing the point.

I earn a salary I never dreamed I’d be earning growing up in a scheme in Dundee - and I’m still being priced out of taking me and my boys to football.

I have splashed out for season tickets again this year - and I’m first to say our prices are a disgrace so this isn’t a solely Utd issue - it cost me £1420. 

Yes I chose to pump the kids out - but my 19 year old is in an entry level job and can’t afford his season ticket on that income, and then I have a student who can’t afford anything apparently and a 13 year old who used to be £1 up until last season where he jumped to £50 I think - then this season he’s now an u18 and costs £140 or something. 

When I grew up I was home and almost every away game with my dad and brother and he was earning a non commissioned army living - he could afford that as prices where commensurate with people’s incomes. 

Now I can only really do 1 or 2 away games a season with my boys - or go more regularly myself and only take one of the kids at a time etc. it’s meant to be a working class sport! I also now sacrifice on away trips - used to be bus/train, all day booze, food out, maybe a few pints if we actually won - now I drive everywhere - packed lunch and if they are lucky a shitey McDonald’s from services on way home. 

Also just realised I’m turning into my dad being a miserable “good old days” sort - but f**k me no wonder kids are turning away from football. 

1 hour ago, DieDee said:

Wishing Cammy all the best, a much better player than many seem to think. Been our best RB over many years and a sterling ambassador 

had heart, he could tackle and run, but that's it, - limited - and watching him get plenty game time at ICT last year, he has regressed.

3 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Completely missing the point.

I earn a salary I never dreamed I’d be earning growing up in a scheme in Dundee - and I’m still being priced out of taking me and my boys to football.

I have splashed out for season tickets again this year - and I’m first to say our prices are a disgrace so this isn’t a solely Utd issue - it cost me £1420. 

Yes I chose to pump the kids out - but my 19 year old is in an entry level job and can’t afford his season ticket on that income, and then I have a student who can’t afford anything apparently and a 13 year old who used to be £1 up until last season where he jumped to £50 I think - then this season he’s now an u18 and costs £140 or something. 

When I grew up I was home and almost every away game with my dad and brother and he was earning a non commissioned army living - he could afford that as prices where commensurate with people’s incomes. 

Now I can only really do 1 or 2 away games a season with my boys - or go more regularly myself and only take one of the kids at a time etc. it’s meant to be a working class sport! I also now sacrifice on away trips - used to be bus/train, all day booze, food out, maybe a few pints if we actually won - now I drive everywhere - packed lunch and if they are lucky a shitey McDonald’s from services on way home. 

Also just realised I’m turning into my dad being a miserable “good old days” sort - but f**k me no wonder kids are turning away from football. 

Too long to read.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Too long to read.

Thank you.

There are a few charities that support adult illiteracy - you should look them up.

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Butters Scotch said:

What a load of shite you spew out, you know absolutely f**k all about people's individual circumstances.