All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fair play to Portales if his call up for Mexico comes off. 

Moving to a completely different country and thriving within an alternative playing style and culture. Another great piece of business by the club. The only negative is whether we can get him tied down as bigger clubs will be taking notice. 

Have we ever had so many potential saleable assets in a team in recent times? Even taking out McCowan you have the likes of Cameron, Portales, Mulligan, McCracken and Ingram(i'm calling it after early viewing). Koumetio on paper looks in the same bracket but time will tell on him.

Tying down some of these boys due to leave next summer on longer contracts throughout the season is as big as bringing in new blood IMO. 

Thank you. 

Graham and Reilly will also be the same. Tiffoney I can see being our star man alongside McCowan if he stays and he might get good offers. Astley I’ve heard is very good and has good potential but Portales has kept him out the team.

I really do think we can challenge Hearts for 3rd and push for a cup. Hearts I thought would have been settled by now with their signings but it looks all over the place with no starting 11 balance. They want a lot of players out like Forrest and McKay. If they don’t do well in Europe the fans are going to be on the players backs. The team we have got is great. Portales isn’t great defensively but I believe we will dictate play against the majority of teams we play against.

I agree we need to get the players on new contracts as our signings and young team we are building is very exciting and clever business.

Just watched TD’s presser for Saturday at Easter Road

We are so lucky getting him to Dens

I haven’t felt this positive about Dundee FC since Archie Knox’s mid 80’s team.

I don’t think a lot of the lapsed Dees realise quite how good things are.

A bit of luck over the next couple of months and we’ll be looking at a best team and standing in decades.

There are hurdles along the way but I don’t think even small setbacks will derail the current trajectory 

I honestly didn’t believe I’d ever feel this way about Dundee, that a positive future could be so close.

*I’m away to take the meds😂

If I remember back a year i heard a great idea of making the main stand into an Archibald Leitch/Football museum full of memorabilia. I think it would be great idea. The boardroom is very nice and it’s a historic stand. 

You could have it as a museum fit Archibald Leitch and have general football memorabilia from Scotland. You could even keep the bar inside it and serve food. I hope something like this happens as I will really miss Dens.

1 hour ago, MarkoP said:

Just watched TD’s presser for Saturday at Easter Road

We are so lucky getting him to Dens

I haven’t felt this positive about Dundee FC since Archie Knox’s mid 80’s team.

I don’t think a lot of the lapsed Dees realise quite how good things are.

A bit of luck over the next couple of months and we’ll be looking at a best team and standing in decades.

There are hurdles along the way but I don’t think even small setbacks will derail the current trajectory 

I honestly didn’t believe I’d ever feel this way about Dundee, that a positive future could be so close.

*I’m away to take the meds😂

Spot on matey. Enjoy it!

Thank you. 

16 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I quickly glanced at this as Dusan Vrto.

I bet he’d still do a job.

Mental to think we had Dusan Vrto, Neil McCann, Darius Adamczuk and Morten Weighorst when we were in the 1st Division. 

2 hours ago, CC 33 said:

I bet he’d still do a job.

Mental to think we had Dusan Vrto, Neil McCann, Darius Adamczuk and Morten Weighorst when we were in the 1st Division. 

The Pole, the Pole, he’s Darius the Pole, gets the ball, scores a goal, Darius the Pole.

One of my first memories following the Dee was him running the entire length of the pitch at St Johnstone skinning them all in the process and scoring. (This may or may not be factually correct).

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

The Pole, the Pole, he’s Darius the Pole, gets the ball, scores a goal, Darius the Pole.

One of my first memories following the Dee was him running the entire length of the pitch at St Johnstone skinning them all in the process and scoring. (This may or may not be factually correct).

Thank you. 

He did score, one of the greatest ever seen.

thepole.thumb.jpg.ab60367ad137437425e4e093d6ab41d2.jpg

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He did score, one of the greatest ever seen.

thepole.thumb.jpg.ab60367ad137437425e4e093d6ab41d2.jpg

Thank you.

That is absolutely stunning.

13 minutes ago, Girth said:

Some absolutely awesome scenes there. 

Spoke to a DAB many years after the event, who was in the Provie at that bit, said they were getting pelted with missiles etc.

The good old days.

Thank you.

Anyone else read that complete DAB cunto’s piece in the courier today re the new ground? He’s clearly beginning to believe it might happen and is seething with jealousy. Lovely jubbly. 

4 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

A personal fave moment.

Probs like you I was there. As someone else said ‘scenes’. Anyone else remember the other Polish player who turned up with him, originally? Piotr Czachowski? 45 caps for Poland. Got a bad injury and disappeared. Also a player. 

12 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Anyone else read that complete DAB cunto’s piece in the courier today re the new ground? He’s clearly beginning to believe it might happen and is seething with jealousy. Lovely jubbly. 

Yeah. Got the article online, wouldn’t pay for that psh nowadays. 

A tsunami of tears in that column. GET IT RIGHT f**kIN UP UM. 

I hope Johnston moving from Celtic to Burnley has anything to do with with McCowan leaving to go to Celtic. I don’t know the agreement between us and Burnley but they have a big impact in our playing squad. Maybe Burnley have said if Celtic give them Johnston but give us a million then he can leave. There’s probably nothing in my theory but it’s a strange transfer for Burnley to look set to complete.