All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I am torn on going in on Doc and the players for another abject failure at holding on to a lead or going in on the ref for what can only really be described as a result altering intervention. 

At the end of the day - if Dundee FC are trying to hang on to a lead at home, it’s likely the most important player on the park for us would be Mo Sylla - and for that reason the absolute cheating thundercunt of a referee is getting the blame with just an honorable mention for Doc and the boys. 

From memory there was 3 (4?) decisions VAR have acknowledged went against us in the past 1 and a bit seasons - now compounded by todays absolute disgrace. 

Is it a west coast conspiracy? No - it’s a complete lack of talent in the refereeing pool - which needs acknowledged and addressed urgently.

We have actually been pretty decent this season so far - so I’m not in panic mode yet - but we need to tighten up at the back and fast. 

As a Dens regular for many seasons I particularly found resonance with "it’s a complete lack of talent in the refereeing pool - which needs acknowledged and addressed urgently." This season in particular there seems to be officials in charge who have no real control of the game and no real understanding of how a physical sport like football is played. Long before today's major blunder with the second yellow a fan behind me commented that he looked like a guy that had been plucked from the accounts department and asked to stand in for the referee today. 

Whilst there will always be complaints re refs there does seem to be a genuine decline in the standard of officials that needs addressed promptly or let video intervention increase to counteract these potentially game changing howlers. 

23 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Best keeper in the league a few weeks ago, Ludo 😂

Don't think I've ever said that. Did think he was quickly proving to be the second best Scottish keeper (if we considered Gordon as done) but aye, he's fairly showing he's just another standard average Scottish keeper which is unfortunate for Scotland just as much as it is for my club.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think I've ever said that. Did think he was quickly proving to be the second best Scottish keeper (if we considered Gordon as done) but aye, he's fairly showing he's just another standard average Scottish keeper which is unfortunate for Scotland just as much as it is for my club.

McCracken showed at the end of last season there’s a frailty in his game. When you’ve got a guy like Carson on the bench it should be a no brainer to swap him out but I’d guess the Doc will feel it would be calamitous for his confidence to jettison him. I’d bet he starts the next game, when he should defo be benched. The defence is definitely looking more solid with Robertson in the middle. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

My remark my have been flippant in nature.