All things Dundee FC

We were the better team today as we were against Aberdeen and Kilmarnock(before a refereeing howler) with the result thankfully being in our favour today.

Stand outs today were big Billy and Main with Larkeche continuing to show a better standard after the very early stages of the season. Main won the ball back repeatedly in the second half and won us lots of fouls, he was miles ahead of Murray who should've had us 2 0 up.

We move on to Perth at home where we need to take three points. The DAB result will work in our favour come April. Three points less for Hibs who would've won with eleven men which will hopefully help us in our top 6 pursuit. I'm still convinced we'll finish above the DABs. Long way to go and a well deserved win today where we looked the superior team once again.

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

we've played well  enough in every league game bar 1 (county)

Watching Sportscene just now, it is deeply, deeply humiliating that we got comfortably beat off that County side. Can't let that happen again this season. 

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Watching Sportscene just now, it is deeply, deeply humiliating that we got comfortably beat off that County side. Can't let that happen again this season. 

agreed for some reason we seem to shit the bed whenever we go up there....up there county will battle for everything and for whatever reason we can't seem to cope with it.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Is it too soon in the season to say the club absolutely did the right thing in not signing Robinson?  From what I’ve seen so far he played well in the Championship but doesn’t look good enough in the Premiership.

Very disappointed to lose him in the summer but he appears to be regressing as a player rather than improving. Thought this fresh start and being made to feel like the main man could get him going again but aye, looking more likely we did the right thing.

For 94 minutes against Killie and 90 minutes today Big Billy has looked a level above. Has having Robertson alongside him helped?

Whatever the reason hopefully he can keep it up. Larkeche is also looking very good but even after a clean sheet today I just can't be overly positive about Ingram as of yet.

We clearly told some of the players to keep it simple when in doubt and lump it along with Carson who did so every goal kick. The same tactics need to be deployed against the talentless Perth.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

37 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I wouldn't judge them off today tbh, their left back and LCB completely lost the head early on and they couldn't get going at all after the red, not many teams are going to live with the Valakari juggernaut.

22 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

For 94 minutes against Killie and 90 minutes today Big Billy has looked a level above. Has having Robertson alongside him helped?

Whatever the reason hopefully he can keep it up. Larkeche is also looking very good but even after a clean sheet today I just can't be overly positive about Ingram as of yet.

We clearly told some of the players to keep it simple when in doubt and lump it along with Carson who did so every goal kick. The same tactics need to be deployed against the talentless Perth.

Thank you.

I agree re Billy and Larkeche and I do think Robertson has made a difference. I’ve thought Portales has been the weakest link since he was signed and no surprise we looked tighter with him out. 
Larkeche now looks like a player you’d want to sign. 
How did we think Fin did today? An old mate turned up at the house at 3pm so I could only 1/2 watch the first 60 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

I agree re Billy and Larkeche and I do think Robertson has made a difference. I’ve thought Portales has been the weakest link since he was signed and no surprise we looked tighter with him out. 
Larkeche now looks like a player you’d want to sign. 
How did we think Fin did today? An old mate turned up at the house at 3pm so I could only 1/2 watch the first 60 minutes. 

Fin done okay but in the best possible way didn't really contribute much. Won a few tackles and kept his passing very basic. Doubt a Motherwell fan would've noticed him.

Fraser was much better and had a big influence on the game. Him and Sylla has potential to be a good partnership. 

Fin can be happy with a showing of few mistakes but there isn't any way someone can make a point of him starting next week ahead of Sylla, Fraser or Cameron.

As for Portales replacing the injured Fraser late on what does that tell us about Mulligan and Braybrooke? Feel really sorry for Mulligan this season at times.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Fin done okay but in the best possible way didn't really contribute much. Won a few tackles and kept his passing very basic. Doubt a Motherwell fan would've noticed him.

Fraser was much better and had a big influence on the game. Him and Sylla has potential to be a good partnership. 

Fin can be happy with a showing of few mistakes but there isn't any way someone can make a point of him starting next week ahead of Sylla, Fraser or Cameron.

As for Portales replacing the injured Fraser late on what does that tell us about Mulligan and Braybrooke? Feel really sorry for Mulligan this season at times.

Thank you.

Totally agree re Fin, Sylla, Fraser and Cameron. Portales instead of Mulligan or Baybrooke is a mystery to me. 

Also got to say, although there’s been some right hoofs in the balls this season, and we’ve all lost a wee bit of faith now and again, the Docs focus on signing youth with potential really has to be applauded. 4 really young defenders and 2 midfielders today. Not just signing any old journeyman. 
👏 👏 👏

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Totally agree re Fin, Sylla, Fraser and Cameron. Portales instead of Mulligan or Baybrooke is a mystery to me. 

I’d prefer Mulligan and Braybrooke but maybe Docherty doesn’t see them as an option when we are 1-0 down. There is still lot of games to be played and they will both get opportunities