All things Dundee FC

Could that Harkins offer be a sign that the bottom six finish has severely affected our budget for next season?

Is anyone else worried we might have to sell Hemmings/Stewart on the cheap to cover Rory Loy's monster wage?

Nah. Good St Johnstone sources (people on the board and all that) had Kevin Thomson on £5k a week so that's saved enough. Gadzhalov is on less than minimum wage too but has a standard bonus so we could just half that and it'll all be fine.

Story about how James McPake is well ahead of schedule and could be back in time for pre-season. He had a tidy up operation on Tuesday to remove the screws from his knee and now just has to go on a plan to rebuild the muscle in his leg.

Story about how James McPake is well ahead of schedule and could be back in time for pre-season. He had a tidy up operation on Tuesday to remove the screws from his knee and now just has to go on a plan to rebuild the muscle in his leg.

Good news. Although it's best to be cautious with this sort of thing. Hope we don't rush him.

f**k that, get him back for the derby! He'll score the winning goal with a volley. Ball in the back of the net, his detached leg landing in the Bobby Cox as The Dees go wild celebrating the relegation of the dayglo bas'.

Thank you.

Before his injury I thought he was having a poor season. He is not getting any younger and has just suffered a bad injury - I won't be pinning my hopes on him for next season. We definitely need to bring in a solid centre half.

100% agree with this. Think we need to look to move on from Mcpake.

Think it's a bit harsh to be writing off McPake before he's even came back. He had a poor season before his injury - but if everyone of our CH's were at the top of their game, he'd be the first name on the team sheet at the back. Don't think it's time to dismiss him or be moving on from him, he's contracted for another year, we look likely to be disposing of Konrad and Gadzhalov, so I'll wait till after pre-season before I've decided if McPake is 'finished' or not.