All things Dundee FC

I doubt Fabian is coming home now [emoji17]

It's tough but we have to keep the faith in Pep. There's no point in signing shite for shite's sake ffs.

I think that ship has already sailed mate

Can anyone actually remember a transfer deadline day where we made a decent signing?

Colin McMenamin. We also signed someone else that day, but it was late at night and it was exciting at the time.

2 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If we don't sign someone decent then it's going to be a long hard autumn and winter.

What I don't understand is why we are scrambling about looking for signings that should have been made weeks ago.

We've been trying for a while I think. Names have been flying around and we have heard of several deals not happening for one reason or another for the whole summer. We had Gomis and another boy (the French attacker who played for the 20s and had a similar background to Gomis) in training for a week or so and the second player obviously never come up to scratch and didn't convince Hartley. It seems like things have been very frustrating behind the scenes and we've had pish luck.

We'll see one or two free agents I think.

Very early but thought Gomis looked like a great big beast at the back and seemed to handle the physical stuff a lot better than our other defenders. Maybe there will be weaknesses exposed but a good centre back pairing can keep us competitive with everyone.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

We've been trying for a while I think. Names have been flying around and we have heard of several deals not happening for one reason or another for the whole summer. We had Gomis and another boy (the French attacker who played for the 20s and had a similar background to Gomis) in training for a week or so and the second player obviously never come up to scratch and didn't convince Hartley. It seems like things have been very frustrating behind the scenes and we've had pish luck.

We'll see one or two free agents I think.

Very early but thought Gomis looked like a great big beast at the back and seemed to handle the physical stuff a lot better than our other defenders. Maybe there will be weaknesses exposed but a good centre back pairing can keep us competitive with everyone.

It just seems to be a bi-annual ritual that we miss out on players.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It just seems to be a bi-annual ritual that we miss out on players.

Just the way of football. We're far from being the only team. Think this year has just brought it to the surface more with the departures.

Our weakness this season is going to be creativity. El Bahktoui will more than likely be deemed a failure through no fault of his own. He's gonna have a lot of work to do by his lonesome.

Some fans are already giving their wrath to Rory Loy for not replacing Kane Hemmings when he's not getting similar chances provided by Greg Stewart.

f**k sake even Wasps1 hasn't got any names for us. Depressing stuff.

He told us we were going to sign a striker on Tuesday and I jokingly said that will be a CH on Thursday then - and up popped Gomis. Wasps1 is a CAUC.

(Complete And Utter Cuñt)

We did pull El Bak out of the hat. He could have signed for most non bigoted clubs in Scotland.

Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 quality free agents - is Hately a free agent btw? - and the rest will gel a bit. Or maybe we are skint?

He told us we were going to sign a striker on Tuesday and I jokingly said that will be a CH on Thursday then - and up popped Gomis. Wasps1 is a CAUC.

(Complete And Utter Cuñt)

We did pull El Bak out of the hat. He could have signed for most non bigoted clubs in Scotland.

Hopefully there will be 1 or 2 quality free agents - is Hately a free agent btw? - and the rest will gel a bit. Or maybe we are skint?

Aye Hateley is a free agent, heard he had signed for Bolton but may have been a load of shite.

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Disappointing, but thanks for the update.

Nothing to report guys think your owners have pocketed the cash 

I fear for Dundee this season  the two boys you sold scored 85% of your goals last season 

Long hard season for you !!!

Edited by Wasps1