All things Dundee FC

Just now, tree house tam said:

I know this. Have faith in your team ffs. 

It's easy to say that as an outsider but when you see the utter shite being served up week after week it's difficult to have faith. 

The only glimmer of hope is that we have turned things around before when in a dire position. The problem is that the rot has gone on much longer this time, to the point that it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll get out of the habit of losing. 

1 minute ago, The Master said:

It's easy to say that as an outsider but when you see the utter shite being served up week after week it's difficult to have faith. 

The only glimmer of hope is that we have turned things around before when in a dire position. The problem is that the rot has gone on much longer this time, to the point that it's looking increasingly unlikely we'll get out of the habit of losing. 

Just give up then.

That's the spirit.

Even if Dundee were in the play offs, I'd put money on them winning. The standard in the championship is far poorer than even the shite you're getting served just now.

I hope you're right, Tam. I'm sure we will find out.

Yeah your squad is almost definitely better than ours but I'm not finding that amusing, what I'm finding amusing is the wailing and gnashing of tears.

It's the financial losses that bother me rather than the poor quality on display. I don't have any delusions that we should be a top 6 side, but if Hartley is being financially backed to give us an edge on the bottom 6 clubs and this is what he's producing then some decisions have to be made toot fucking sweet.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

It's the financial losses that bother me rather than the poor quality on display. I don't have any delusions that we should be a top 6 side, but if Hartley is being financially backed to give us an edge on the bottom 6 clubs and this is what he's producing then some decisions have to be made toot fucking sweet.

This is what it's all about KT. He has failed miserably in this respect. I do not think you'll be relegated this season and he should be punted in the summer. Being at Dens isn't viable either if you boys want to make any money.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

........what I'm finding amusing is the wailing and gnashing of tears.

I would have thought all the upset would have brought back too many painful memories for you seeing as that's all you did last season.  

You appearing on the Dundee thread is a sure indication Dundee are in big trouble.

At the next game we should pick a random time - say 24 minutes - and then have resounding crescendo of noise. That'll show 'em.
I never thought I'd be capable of saying this but for the next 5 games only - I'd even tolerate bomber.

Anyone know what Bobby Mann was going on about saying Hartley bullies the young players and is a shitebag with 1st team etc? Does anyone think there's any truth in these allegations?

Nah - he's just saying what he's heard and he seems to come out with bold statements every so often. He is a taxi driver afterall!

Think Hartley is probably strict with the younger teams but I think the accusation of 'bully' is just because we are at a stage where he's the bad guy in any situation and it's just descended from there and maybe a younger guy or a younger guys parents that hasn't had the best experience.

Anyone know what Bobby Mann was going on about saying Hartley bullies the young players and is a shitebag with 1st team etc? Does anyone think there's any truth in these allegations?

When did he say this? I know there were allegations going around about 6 moths ago that he bullied a youth player out of the club but don't know how true they were.

Nah - he's just saying what he's heard and he seems to come out with bold statements every so often. He is a taxi driver afterall!

Think Hartley is probably strict with the younger teams but I think the accusation of 'bully' is just because we are at a stage where he's the bad guy in any situation and it's just descended from there and maybe a younger guy or a younger guys parents that hasn't had the best experience.

I did assume it was probably due to the fact he's becoming a hate figure after these results but I wasn't sure if anyone knew if there was any truth.

When did he say this? I know there were allegations going around about 6 moths ago that he bullied a youth player out of the club but don't know how true they were.

He was on twitter saying a few things last night.

Think this is it.

There were a lot of players in the initial batch that he had to be ruthless to and cut off. It's not really surprising that some would fine that hard to take and he'd be viewed differently in some quarters.

He's harsh and demands a lot from the young players but that's a necessity sometimes.