Font size?

Casual Bystander

Question

14 answers to this question

Stop viewing "The Collected Wisdom of Alex Salmond" DVDs. You've just confirmed that all they said about chugging was true ;)

Thing is I've now fucked about with Chrome's settings that every page I visit now looks weird.

It's like when you say a word over and over again and it stops making sense. I am now going to websites thinking, "is this right?"

Thing is I've now fucked about with Chrome's settings that every page I visit now looks weird.

It's like when you say a word over and over again and it stops making sense. I am now going to websites thinking, "is this right?"

Find the reset to defaults button in the browsers edit options, might solve your problem or get a new pair of specs.

Yeah, yeah, I get it...

mr-magoo-in-beret.jpg

Basically the formatting for this site along with the fonts has changed in the last hour or so. Either it's something I've done or it's this site. Other sites seem fine, it's just this one. I've not changed my browser defaults if you are wondering.

However if nobody else is suffering the same problem it must be something local.

Yeah, yeah, I get it...

mr-magoo-in-beret.jpg

Basically the formatting for this site along with the fonts has changed in the last hour or so. Either it's something I've done or it's this site. Other sites seem fine, it's just this one. I've not changed my browser defaults if you are wondering.

However if nobody else is suffering the same problem it must be something local.

I can't think what might be the problem other than preferences set for just this site on your browser, no one else has made a complaint about font size, so it surely resides at local level.

Ok, that is now my laptop showing the font size differently, as if a style sheet has changed and the cache finally caught up with the changes.

Am I seriously the only person to notice this? Really?

No, it looks different to me too. I can't decide if the font is smaller or if it's a different font altogether! I'm on Chrome on Windows too, if that helps.

See when you fucked about with settings earlier, were you zooming in and out? Hit Ctrl+0 and that should put it right.

No, it looks different to me too. I can't decide if the font is smaller or if it's a different font altogether! I'm on Chrome on Windows too, if that helps.

See when you fucked about with settings earlier, were you zooming in and out? Hit Ctrl+0 and that should put it right.

Thank you! Just fucking thank you! I thought I was going mental! :lol:

This is what it looks like to me. On Windows 7, using Chrome and with the default theme and using the default team skin thingy.

Capture.png

Notice the quote quote buttons are also shifted left in a bit rather than flush to the right.

I didn't initially touch the zoom, when it changed at first I was unsure as the change is subtle. Like you I can't tell if it's just a different font that is being picked up or the font size had changed. When the first lad, Hellboy, replied and said there was no difference I had amened the zoom level then, but not before than and I reset it quickly afterwards (as it effects all sites).

Yep, exactly the same here. I'm using the same forum skin as you too so I don't know if it's specific to this one or what but no, you are certainly not seeing things! I quite like it acutally!

I find the font quite small. My monitor resolution is quite high so the font originally was on the smallish side already, reducing it has crossed that line a little.

I did open the site up in Firefox but I also think the font is smaller in that too, although not to the same extent. Maybe it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. As I say it's like repeating a word over and over again until it loses it's meaning and sounds weird. I'm now looking at fonts asking myself, "was that always like that?". I had convinced myself that Imgur and Reddit had changed their fonts last night too. Thankfully in the light of day I realise I was just "having a moment".

Thank you again though, I'm glad I am not the only one. :)

Archived