Celtic vs Aberdeen - 13/09/14

You'd be an outstsnding addition the legal establishment.

He's guilty your honour, why would the c**t make it up?

Why don't you believe Shay Logan? Nobody has anything to gain from this, yet you immediately imply that he is a liar.

Take off your green tinted specs.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets not let fair get in the way of this. Isn't a feature when celtic are the victims, so lets not start this fairness stuff now. Witch-hunt, forfeit match, 6 point penalty followed by death by snu snu.

Nah, I made this mistake of thinking it was amusing. I withdraw the comment, it was unfunny and ill-judged, apologies.

Raman Bhardwaj@STVRaman 27m

Led to believe that allegation is Celtic's Alexsander Tonev called Aberdeen's Shay Logan a black c***. http://bit.ly/1qU6q0H

"Celtic were unavailable for comment" :lol:

Unambiguous on the old sentiment test then.

Simple fact is none of us in this forum know what occurred. If it is looked into seriously then it will need other(s) other than Logan to have heard anything. We don't have EPL camera levels for some old fashioned lip reading.

Logan had absolutely nothing to gain by fabricating a racist story half way through a football match so he'd need to be a particularly petty, nasty f****r to have done so. To me, it seems unlikely he would do this.

Be interesting to see where this goes

Just heard about this with Tonev when I read today's paper.

If he has said something his loan deal should be terminated asap.

Got to be something in this IMO, why would an Aberdeen player just make this up????

That being said it's down to the sfa and the like to investigate the incident....hopefully they dont drag there feet and drag it out like the English fa did with the Evra and Terry cases.

If guilty send him back to Villa.

We don't want or need this in our game.

Interesting to note that Barcelona under manager Pep G were the first club in the world to have racism clauses in there stars contracts that gave Barca the right to sack any star found guilty of this.

Maybe more clubs should follow Barca's lead....I'm sure Suarez will think twice with that clause in his huge contract....but then again....he is a bit of a loose cannon.

I doubt if it will be proved either way, which is pretty shit for the innocent one, I did see deek and the tim assistant having a wee hand masked chat just after half time, it might have been about the quality of pies mind?

On the game, although we lost I thought it was quite a decent match, celic should have been out of sight by half time as we allowed brown and the wee tubby lad far far to much space to control the game. Much better second half, think I was the only one who didn't see the hand ball and mcginn probably should have scored, Gordon had a couple of decent saves too. Came away with more confidence for our next batch of games than i had pre match

Celtic fans' true colours shining through today. Absolutely disgusting, what a nauseating bunch Celtic fans are.

What would you like us to do? Demand action over a remark that may or may not have been said?

Aiyeee. Or something.

Look I am just trying to point out the rank hipocrisy of demanding evidence for this Tonev thing when there was no such search for the truth when popcorn teeth went to that semi-final.

We were lucky last year to get the services of 2 really excellent young, English, black, left backs in Michael Hector then Shay. Even luckier to get Logan to sign up with us for this season on a 2 year deal.

Celtic keep harping on about how difficult it is to attract quality players up here, regardless of money. Perhaps in order to make Scotland a more attractive place for foreign players we should be doing more to stamp this out, not circling the wagons and pretending only you get to be the victims? Just a thought.

By highlighting the irony and double standards of Celtic fans, which to be fair at times, that's a fair point, you ironically are showing your own double standards. You all wanted proof over the alleged abuse of Lennon at Tynecastle, yet want action taken over Tonev without any proof.

No, Tonev is lying to cover his arse. Why would Logan lie? What could he possibly have to gain?

There was an incident down in the lower leagues of English football a few years ago, I believe it was a Millwall player who had been treated for testicular cancer. Anyway, the gist of it is, said Millwall player comes off the pitch makes a statement along the lines of "I normally believe that what's said on the pitch stays on the pitch, but such and such a player mocking my cancer is too far". The guy accused of making the comments, who happens to be black, comes out on the offensive, denying such things were said, only for it to be proven a few days later. His response was to apologise and then to accuse the Millwall player of racism, which I believe turned out to be false. Now there is of course differences between this incident and with the Tonev/Logan incident, but one of few facts can be taken from it, no one knows what was said or if something was even said in the first place, so this mentality of "he wouldn't lie about racism", isn't really a lot to base an argument on.

Like I have already said, if Tonev is guilty, then he should be chased out of the club, no questions, but there seems to be a lot of "he's guilty because I want him to be guilty" flying around here.

Players like Shay, who have the guts to come forward and report the incident can only be good for the game, showing the younger lads coming through that they don't just have to take it. Insults thrown out to rile the opposition are taken for what they are, like banter in the dressing room, all part and parcel of the job. What was said is not.

Not having a someone near enough to hear what was said, or not having it on tape does not mean it didn't happen but Shay coming forward should make the player concerned think twice before doing it to someone else , so making coming forward worth it.

Archived