Annan Athletic v Berwick Rangers, Saturday 13th September

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope big kenny is fit and raring to go for this game, we always like to beat berwick

I hope you boys bring all your flags tomorrow to increase the banter and get the crack

Going. I have missed last couple of games so am fevered up for this fixture

We weathered the storm first half and defended well but had by far the better chances before we eventually took the lead.

2 great goals and delighted for McColm to score on his debut. Should've put the game to bed after that but 2 ended up being enough

Honestly BM you had loads of the play too, don't want to be unkind but CC at 41 is looking like a passenger, seems a really nice bloke but his boots need retired, it happens to us awe

I have to say there was only one thought in my mind when he was trying to stop Mackay breezing past him, and that was, no chance

Missed the game but turned on the BBC text thingy during the first period to see berwick at one point had 79% possession and already 5 shots on target 12 shots overall , obviously this changed to 60-40 but still a lot of opportunities to win the game it seems. Berwick did the same at Clyde, dominate the game only to run out of steam before the end. Is it a fitness thing?

I agree, thought we were poor yesterday. Absolutely bossed the first half with any chances only really hit straight at 'Alex'. With the two Curries out, we failed to penetrate down the centre of the park and yet rather than utilise the wings, the first ball put in the box with any real conviction didn't come until about the 85th minute. We really needed to use the wings more but failed to do so.

I quite liked the look of Kerr Young but I think Cameron got it wrong selection wise yesterday. Dalziel was really poor, and certainly wasn't worth sacrificing Lavery's position for. As has been noted, although Cameron is useful for sitting in front of the defence, I don't think he was ever likely to keep up with Mackay, McColm or Hopkirk. For me, Jacobs should have started with Notman in the middle.

Andrews wasn't at fault for the goals but to start him was pretty baffling in my opinion. Bald has been class since finally getting some confidence towards the latter half of last season. Andrews must be training incredibly well because from what I saw of him at Duns, he's not up to much. Dropping Bald could knock his confidence if he's recalled next week/whenever, then we're back to literally the same goalkeeping problem of last season.

Annan looked not that great, though the likes of Mackay were impressive, but in honesty it could - and should have been more by the end.

Still, this is just one game and all teams have their off days. If our off days include dominating games, it could be far worse. I'm away to drink another 24 brazillian WKDs #mental

This seems to be our least favourite place to play in recent times. Is it the surface,the journey,the fact we just have a mental block when we visit Annan?

The fact we dominate,miss hat loads then concede at bad times is either heads dropping or a lack of experience all round.whatever it's become a pattern.

Against Morton we lost the shape after Cameron went off,he may be slow but he has the brain and the guile. Also shows how much we miss Lee yesterday.

On paper it looked like a good team/squad, maybe this league will prove to be the most unpredictable.

Good highlights, but it's a little hard to tell what's going on a points - who was the Berwick defender who gets suckered into contesting a high ball with two Annan players? And where was the right-back? (Outstanding finish by Stuart McColm right enough.)

And who was the left-back who allowed Kenny Mackay to head in unchallenged?

If anyone can help me identify the players mentioned, I would be grateful.

Archived