Scottish Cup Thread

Didn't realise some championship sides came in at this stage, Morton are in league one though so do you mean Rangers?

Sorry, yes, I thought you'd copied-out last season's positions so I did the same. As you say, Rangers, who replaced Morton.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. Another fully national league for basically park teams would be ridiculous.

Even if you keep the two regions, you need a proper pyramid with promotion/relegation, and a non league cup that includes all non league teams.The Scottish Cup is fine the way it is.

The top 16 from the amateur cup to qualify for the non league cup alongside the juniors, LL and HL teams.

Let the cream rise to the top.

For anyone interested the attendances are available for this round (unlike the previous 2 rounds) and make for interesting reading as follows:

Bo'ness v Culter

Arbroath v Montrose

Berwick v Formartine

Brora v Banks o'Dee

Cove v Annan

East Fife v Threave

Edinburgh City v Auchinleck

Elgin v Forres

Gretna v Queen's Park

Inverurie v Hurlford

Linlithgow v Dalbeattie

Nairn v Huntly

Spartans v East Kilbride

Turriff v Clyde

Whitehill v East Stirlingshire

Uni of Stirling v Albion Rovers

With respect, if you remove the access to SPFL funds that clubs like Berwick enjoy they might not be much different to a park team.

HibeeJibee reported missing feared dead after non league sides proven to be totally shite

I would nae say our performance was shite.

There was a bit of luck involved yesterday.

The shire scored with prob there 1st chance of the game.

Canny speak for Gretna but a very late queens goal separated them two.

given we took the promoted side from your league to a replay last season and on the performance of the shire yesterday I dont think there is much difference between the top half of the LL and your league.

It's because the vast majority simply aren't good enough. You hear it round here. All these Coldstream etc players who are ignored by Berwick Rangers. Then they play someone like Wick and are demolished 9-0 or something, before a league team dispatches of Wick with ease. Spartans are about the only credible southern non-league club who could do anything in the league.
yer arrogance and knowledge for the LL truely sticks out :D

With respect, if you remove the access to SPFL funds that clubs like Berwick enjoy they might not be much different to a park team.

Maybe not, but there's a difference playing in front of 4-500 every week and 20-50 like Selkirk in the Lowland League.

I would nae say our performance was shite. There was a bit of luck involved yesterday. The shire scored with prob there 1st chance of the game. Canny speak for Gretna but a very late queens goal separated them two. given we took the promoted side from your league to a replay last season and on the performance of the shire yesterday I dont think there is much difference between the top half of the LL and your league.

You still got beat by the worst side on our league, by some distance. It's kind of 'cute' in a way that you think that's an achievement, but I think it shows more your knowledge of League 2 when you use QP & Shire as examples, as opposed to our knowledge of the clogland leagues.

You still got beat by the worst side on our league, by some distance. It's kind of 'cute' in a way that you think that's an achievement, but I think it shows more your knowledge of League 2 when you use QP & Shire as examples, as opposed to our knowledge of the clogland leagues.

Albion humiliated Stirling Uni too today. There's even a volleyball club in the league!!!

yer right I know hee haw aboot yer league can you post a link and show me how far yous are running away with it.

im fairly certain qp and shire are above yous for being the worst teams in the league :D

Never said it was an achievement we more than matched them.

as I said before we took the promoted side to a replay last season.

I think yous are just shiting it cause ye could potentially be a LL team next season or would yous go northern league :D

Must admit you guys are good wi the fishing rods though ;)

Maybe not, but there's a difference playing in front of 4-500 every week and 20-50 like Selkirk in the Lowland League.

Problem. Most of those non league clubs in the south of the country who attract the 400-500 per week are not licenced by the SFA. A number of clubs who play in front of sub 100 crowds are. Selkirk qualifies for tier 5. Auchinleck doesn't. Auchinleck's playing facilities are excellent for their level. Selkirk's are decent. Neither can be described as "park" teams.

If a proper integrated structure existed, you wouldn't have BSC Glasgow coming into the Lowland League (because they need token representation in Glasgow) when they don't have a ground of their own and at the time of acceptance didn't have a team either. But desperate times require desperate measures and it's clearly easier to wave them into Tier 5 than develop a package that the top non league teams in the west can buy into.

Apologies - off in the wrong direction here but of the non league teams in Round 3, I don't think any can be termed "park" standard (albeit I haven't seen the EK set up ... could be anything).

Would take anything outside the championship here but would like an away game to a lowland league side or boness/linlithgow

They 2 would give us a game

Problem. Most of those non league clubs in the south of the country who attract the 400-500 per week are not licenced by the SFA. A number of clubs who play in front of sub 100 crowds are. Selkirk qualifies for tier 5. Auchinleck doesn't. Auchinleck's playing facilities are excellent for their level. Selkirk's are decent. Neither can be described as "park" teams.

If a proper integrated structure existed, you wouldn't have BSC Glasgow coming into the Lowland League (because they need token representation in Glasgow) when they don't have a ground of their own and at the time of acceptance didn't have a team either. But desperate times require desperate measures and it's clearly easier to wave them into Tier 5 than develop a package that the top non league teams in the west can buy into.

Apologies - off in the wrong direction here but of the non league teams in Round 3, I don't think any can be termed "park" standard (albeit I haven't seen the EK set up ... could be anything).

Although as far as I'm aware, the junior clubs with those kind of crowds charge less than a fiver to get in.

Although as far as I'm aware, the junior clubs with those kind of crowds charge less than a fiver to get in.

£5 is the standard charge in the juniors (and LL I think). Many would argue that you guys pay far too much for what you watch but that's how it is. I don't think cost is the driver. Some teams have better engagement with their communities than others - I'm sure SPFL2 is the same. That's where the crowds come from. We play teams in our league who have a dire support. But there are more well supported Junior teams than non league Seniors - but then there are a lot more junior teams full stop.

It's because the vast majority simply aren't good enough. You hear it round here. All these Coldstream etc players who are ignored by Berwick Rangers. Then they play someone like Wick and are demolished 9-0 or something, before a league team dispatches of Wick with ease. Spartans are about the only credible southern non-league club who could do anything in the league.

i think you should remember where Berwick get the players from, that the ducket creams themselves over

Archived