It's not looking good is it?

Bill.

OMG how ridiculous is that, you actually believe that those parties will just quit Scotland when we win independence. You really don't have a clue do you.

They have to. It's a new country after all. You see that's the problem; a lack of realization of the political, economic and legal consequences. Not to mention leaving a man in charge who can't give a straight answer

Only the most committed crayon muncher actually thinks that all parties apart from the snp would cease to exist imo

Or someone who can't admit that it's a new country and therefore with new political parties. Having this "debate" is pointless if you don't understand that.

There's an ever increasing number of crayon munchers on here these days. Red, white and blue crayons seem to be the favourites.

Well at least they're being patriotic if they are. It's the flag of this country.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see a genuine left-of-centre party in an independent Scotland.

There already is one, the Greens, who have been viciously marginalised in the political debate due to the inequities of our relationship with Westminster.

I fully expect them to do very well at the next Scottish election (of which I hope will be for an independent parliament of course), and Labour and Liberals to utterly tank. Conservatives will stay the same as let's be honest they won't have lost much during this campaign but not gained either.

There already is one, the Greens, who have been viciously marginalised in the political debate due to the inequities of our relationship with Westminster.

I fully expect them to do very well at the next Scottish election (of which I hope will be for an independent parliament of course), and Labour and Liberals to utterly tank. Conservatives will stay the same as let's be honest they won't have lost much during this campaign but not gained either.

Greens could be a good first vote in an iScotland. I've fallen in love with Patrick Harvie a little.

They have to. It's a new country after all. You see that's the problem; a lack of realization of the political, economic and legal consequences. Not to mention leaving a man in charge who can't give a straight answer

You just aren't that clever. You can certainly shout a lot, but not that clever.

Fair enough, you must have fun chasing the pigeons away from your garden, but I'd avoid doing anything that much more taxing.

Greens could be a good first vote in an iScotland. I've fallen in love with Patrick Harvie a little.

I voted Green in every local council and European election for the best part of 3 decades now.

Harvie has done wonders for his party in Holyrood and in an independent Scotland I would probably vote for Green there too.

Feel free to correct me, I might be wrong.

If these businesses do move their registered offices south, would there not be a huge consequence on the loss of Corporation Tax that would automatically default to London instead of Edinburgh?

No, because financial gain in Scotland would be taxed in Scotland.

I know. Unbridled power and a mandate to "negotiate". Aka lead Scotland to ruin

Whereas we'll prosper and flourish in a UK where we're proven cowards.

I can't understand if you're just daft or gullible.

Whereas we'll prosper and flourish in a UK where we're proven cowards.

I can't understand if you're just daft or gullible.

A real coward is the one who would put his country into the hands of somebody who's shown himself to be disingenuous and uncertain of the success of independence. if you want that you'll vote Yes next week.

The most incredible thing is we may be intimidated into submission by corporate giants like ..... Iceland and Timpsons.

If we are going to be the first ever generation of Scots to piss away the chance of having control over own affairs, at least let us be cowed by some real bad boys.

A real coward is the one who would put his country into the hands of somebody who's shown himself to be disingenuous and uncertain of the success of independence.

All the more reason for a Yes vote, you subservient coward.

So you really rate the current crop of Scottish politicians?

Bar the odd exception I wouldn't trust them to run a raffle.

The leader of the SNP can't even admit how risky independence is because he can't trust himself to give an honest answer. Completely inept and bereft of any skills of debate. I had previously heard that that was Salomnd's strength. At this stage I'm trying to work out what his strengths actually are

Archived