We need facts

Thatguyspage

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wants facts, given facts, refuses to read facts.

Brilliant. You must be a fucking whizz at parties.

There are no facts. What's hard to understand about that? Even the snp will admit there are no facts yet. Everything will get decided after the election in the event of a yes vote. Right now... There's nothing in stone.

Yeah but right now Faslane is a base for the entire allied fleet. When it's just Scottish defence it'll be less than a tenth of the size, with no American ships / subs or other allied countries that we currently service. There will be massive job losses. Especially in the nuclear sector.

I exchanged about 8 emails with salmonds office about this matter and they just refuse to admit it, but in admitting the scaled down nature of the new function for Faslane, they are admitting massive job losses.

So it's not shutting down?

You said it was

Yeah but right now Faslane is a base for the entire allied fleet. When it's just Scottish defence it'll be less than a tenth of the size, with no American ships / subs or other allied countries that we currently service. There will be massive job losses. Especially in the nuclear sector.

I exchanged about 8 emails with salmonds office about this matter and they just refuse to admit it, but in admitting the scaled down nature of the new function for Faslane, they are admitting massive job losses.

So you'd rather we spent billions of pounds keeping nuclear weapons that will never be used?

That money could be better spent like stopping the poverty in our own country. Young children having to go to food banks but they'd rather spend their money on storing nukes.

Yeah I agree it's a area that has pros and cons. I would like nuclear gone, but until everyone does it at once I don't think it's safe.

Look at it like this... We get rid of nuclear. Who knows what the world will be like in 10 years. If it turns out we need them then, it's not a case of just bringing them back. It would take years to get back to where we are.

Right now we're standing in a room and everyone is pointing guns at each other. Do you want to be the one to put your gun down first and be left open?

Anyway this isn't all about Faslane. There are a ton of things that we don't know, and all I'm saying is, I believe the numpties in charge should have to come to agreement on at least some of the major issues and let us know before we need to decide on it.

That's not unreasonable?

Look at it like this... We get rid of nuclear. Who knows what the world will be like in 10 years. If it turns out we need them then, it's not a case of just bringing them back. It would take years to get back to where we are.

Right now we're standing in a room and everyone is pointing guns at each other. Do you want to be the one to put your gun down first and be left open?

:lol:

Brilliant. We have another Alex Jones new world order tin foil hat wearer here.

I was in Denmark the other day, they were absolutely shitting themselves as being a non-nuclear nation they were just waiting for the Russians to just roll in with their tanks.

:lol:

Brilliant. We have another Alex Jones new world order tin foil hat wearer here.

I was in Denmark the other day, they were absolutely shitting themselves as being a non-nuclear nation they were just waiting for the Russians to just roll in with their tanks.

That's a silly thing for them to be worrying about. Are you sure something wasn't lost in translation?

Archived