Results. How will u cope?

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to bed when the polling stations close, and make sure I don't wake up until I'm sure the result will have been declared.

Turning on the TV, possibly with Sky News or something being the channel that immediately comes on, will be the most terrifying five seconds of my life.

I have a single malt, cask strength, unopened, 23rs old. :cheers That's what I'll be doing around 3pm as the general drift of the vote will be known by then. Until then no drinking, which is a moot point as I'll be on dialysis until midnight anyway :(

Luckily for me , no phosphates or potassium in whisky. Can't imagine how I'll feel if NO win. Put stopper back in bottle for the next referendum.

I would imagine most Yes supporters will break down sobbing uncontrollaby as independence is overwhelmingly rejected, and claim 'bullying', 'bluster' and 'scaremongering' from the Presiding Officer.

The seethe will be utterly magnificent.

I think you will find many of them will break down and sob uncontrollably either way. No shame in it. I would also say as independence is accepted via the vote the seethe from many unionists will be equally magnificent. "Blood on the streets" is a phrase you hear evry now and again from a certain type of unionist. That's the bluster you talk of. I would also go further and say that the seethe has already started from some of the naysayers in the realisation that there is a very real danger of them losing this vote.

I would imagine most Yes supporters will break down sobbing uncontrollaby as independence is overwhelmingly rejected, and claim 'bullying', 'bluster' and 'scaremongering' from the Presiding Officer.

It's amazing what a difference in attitude there is between most yes and no voters. Those who want independence are hoping for a chance to celebrate something positive and build for the future, whereas a lot of no voters seem to be buzzing for the chance to get it up those bloody nationalists. Says it all really.

I'll be staying up because the moment of just turning on TV/laptop and getting it in one blow would be unbearable. I'm not one of these "I'm leaving if I don't get my way" fuckers but plans to go travelling have been put on hold for the fact that I'd genuinely like to be here to see the country starting, so to speak.

Having no reservations about getting that going would be a very real personal consolation and distraction. I'd immediately get on with sorting that, which would be great. Only chance of me crying is if I get emoshy drunk the following night after a Yes vote.

It's amazing what a difference in attitude there is between most yes and no voters. Those who want independence are hoping for a chance to celebrate something positive and build for the future, whereas a lot of no voters seem to be buzzing for the chance to get it up those bloody nationalists. Says it all really.

When you say "a lot of No voters" you could've said pretty much every No voter on here. I honestly couldn't imagine going through life being so small minded and vindictive. I won't be envious on Friday morning whatever happens.

(Disclaimer: Sure the vast majority of No voters aren't like IRL)

I'll be staying up because the moment of just turning on TV/laptop and getting it in one blow would be unbearable. I'm not one of these "I'm leaving if I don't get my way" fuckers but plans to go travelling have been put on hold for the fact that I'd genuinely like to be here to see the country starting, so to speak.

Having no reservations about getting that going would be a very real personal consolation and distraction. I'd immediately get on with sorting that, which would be great. Only chance of me crying is if I get emoshy drunk the following night after a Yes vote.

This point has made me reconsider things.

Finding out in one swift hammer blow is how I received the news that Hibs had been relegated. Never, ever again, I'd rather have one nationwide drawn out defeat to Hamilton to experiencing feels like that ever again.

What a very bitter individual you are.

Its the exit polls that give a pointer - if No is more than a couple of percent ahead then it's off to bed. But if it's closer, it will be an all-nighter

I stayed up for Portillo and Rifkind in 1997. It was beautiful.

The thought of staying up for Cameron is almost too beautiful to imagine.

Invited through to Glasgow, but me and the missus are having friends round so I'll be staying through here in the East. Plus, I'm off on the 19th so planning to head into Edinburgh if there's a Yes as I imagine it'll be a bit of a party that day around the city.

I'll have a couple of drinks, but staying up the whole night until it's confirmed.

Archived