Credit rating after a YES vote

cracowjambo

What happens to credit ratings and debt should scotland go independent?

Scotland will be a foreign country and I've just read that they don't transfer between countries.

As a result of not being able to transfer your credit score overseas, you'll essentially have to build your credit score from scratch - and build up lenders' confidence over time.

That's what the site says. So if we vote yes are we all effectively starting over?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland will be a foreign country and I've just read that they don't transfer between countries.

As a result of not being able to transfer your credit score overseas, you'll essentially have to build your credit score from scratch - and build up lenders' confidence over time.

That's what the site says. So if we vote yes are we all effectively starting over?

The credit-rating agencies won't give a fig about the outcome of the referendum but will assess your personal credit-worthiness.

Your post is scaremongering bollox ;)

The credit-rating agencies won't give a fig about the outcome of the referendum but will assess your personal credit-worthiness.

Your post is scaremongering bollox ;)

I want my credit rating to disappear

I'm not that much of a idiot I would do something like vote no give me some credit ffs :D

See people in France? They have accounts with German banks. People in Spain, hell they have mortgages with British banks. All this, including credit ratings and mortgages and the like, none of it will change, the world of finance might try and unsettle the markets in an attempt to make a quick buck out of the situation but we all will continue to pay bills and get loans and all the rest of that stuff.

Some of the stories that go around it's as if the world was about to stop turning as if this "minor entity" was the only thing holding the whole system together.

obviously dont concern yourselves with stuff like debt.

just spend. as a scot you are entitled to 7million squidillion A YEAR!!!!!

facking paradise mate

I would rather sleep safe at night knowing that the Russians aren't going to invade us than have all that money.

obviously dont concern yourselves with stuff like debt.

just spend. as a scot you are entitled to 7million squidillion A YEAR!!!!!

facking paradise mate

How much debt is the UK currently holding?

And how about now?

How much now?

How much now?

How much now?

Why start a pointless thread , like it's gonna happen.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Will they?

Exactly what will they tell us to do?

Will they tell us what we can spend on trident, nuclear wars, foreign affairs, education, health, corporation tax, beer prices, law or defence?

He wasn't talking about the Bank of England anyway. He was talking about England.

There are better people you can call an idiot by the way.

You seem to be forgetting you are talking to adults on here.

nuclear wars,?? nice 1 to throw in , when was that ? idiot ,

so far we've not had a nuclear war and given MAD is a given we probably will never have .

Just to clear a point. if you enter a partnership with whatever , there is allways a leader ,

the pound is no different , sure you can beat the drum " But ! But it's our pound to you know.

however somewhere along the line someone will call the shots , wanna guess who will do that _____

Yip the same lot who bailed out the shitty/corrupt Royal Bank of Scotland.

Now that is a Scottish National Shame..

nuclear wars,?? nice 1 to throw in , when was that ? idiot ,

so far we've not had a nuclear war and given MAD is a given we probably will never have .

Just to clear a point. if you enter a partnership with whatever , there is allways a leader ,

the pound is no different , sure you can beat the drum " But ! But it's our pound to you know.

however somewhere along the line someone will call the shots , wanna guess who will do that _____

Yip the same lot who bailed out the shitty/corrupt Royal Bank of Scotland.

Now that is a Scottish National Shame..

So, the US federal reserve?

Archived