Tonev in Racial Slur Probe

~~~

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The club have merely said... They've accepted Tonev's explanation and believe he's not a racist.

They're not calling Logan or anyone a liar.

Anyone think that the club need to publish that explanation? Or are they just a tad worried that when they say Tonev claims that he offered to take Shay on a duck hunt they might look a bit ridiculous.

Anyone think that the club need to publish that explanation? Or are they just a tad worried that when they say Tonev claims that he offered to take Shay on a duck hunt they might look a bit ridiculous.

It would be nice and transparent of them to publish this explanation of Tonev's and possibly put a few minds at rest, but I'm guessing they'll fear a slap on the wrist from the SFA for disclosing that information.

It would be nice and transparent of them to publish this explanation of Tonev's and possibly put a few minds at rest, but I'm guessing they'll fear a slap on the wrist from the SFA for disclosing that information.

No you see according to the club it is Tonev that is appalling and the club are backing him. Think it is incumbent on them to explain why they believe him to be innocent, when he has been found guilty.

I wonder how Celtic and their fans will react if the appeal is unsuccessful.

Another appeal?

More whataboutery?

Tonev t-shirts in the club shop?

There are two mutually exclusive positions here; either Celtic (as a club) consider Tonev innocent and thus Logan a liar, or it considers Tonev a racist. As both Delia and the club have officially stated Tonev is innocent then it can only mean they think Logan is lying.

It's all too obvious why Celtic are trying to fit in the cigarette paper thin gap between them appealing and Tonev appealing and that is so they can distance themselves from the fallout.

No you see according to the club it is Tonev that is appalling and the club are backing him. Think it is incumbent on them to explain why they believe him to be innocent, when he has been found guilty.

Because Tonev's explanation to the club was that he did not say the words that were alleged to have been said.

So, hopefully after the appeal the information may well be in the public domain.

I doubt we'll get another statement from the club until then.

:lol: :lol:

This is the best bit of utter delusion this far. Absolutely incredible.

It reminds me of this :-

Lady Whiteadder: Then can you explain what he meant by "great booze-up"?

Blackadder: [very long pause] Yes, I can. My friend is a missionary and on his last visit abroad brought back with him the chief of a famous tribe. His name is Great Boo. He's been suffering from sleeping sickness and he's obviously just woken because as you've heard, Great Boo's up.

I'm off to Glasgow later, I better watch nobody mistakes my east coast accent for racial abuse when I'm ordering drinks.

Be careful not to ask for anything bigger.

Define corroboration here.

If this happened in the street and not on a football park, the police would only prosecute on the basis that it is not one persons word against anothers. Why would the police ask for a second person to verify what was said?

If this happened in the street and not on a football park, the police would only prosecute on the basis that it is not one persons word against anothers.

The SFA aren't carrying out a criminal prosecution.

I was once sent off during a youth football match for shouting "great defence"

Apparently the referee thought I had said "break his legs".

True story

Happened to me as well.

I was shouting to the right back "Mikey .. punt" and the referee sent me off. Turns out the opposition winger was a traveller.

Really unlucky.

I was once sent off during a youth football match for shouting "great defence"

Apparently the referee thought I had said "break his legs".

True story

You should be very glad you didn't shout "You need to be bigger".

Archived