Hamilton vs Kilmarnock - 20/09/14

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the Hamilton hatred to be honest. It's a bit like picking on the kid with glasses in the playground.

I actually have the utmost respect for Accies - they're slap bang in the middle of Old Firm territory, so we should be congratulating the 1000 odd that do turn their backs on the bigots every weekend rather than belittle them for it. They're probably punching above their weight, but who cares? I'd certainly rather have a smaller side like Accies who do things properly be successful than a club who throw money at the problem.

As for NDP, we're probably as Killie fans blinded by our dismal record there, and as a result forgetting the fact that it's actually a pretty decent away trip. Look at it logically - train to Glasgow in the a.m, stay in and around the town until ten past two, carry out for the train, and then you're a five minute walk from the ground. As far as away grounds go, it's a pretty good one for us to get to and enjoy. The views decent too from the away stand.

As for the game itself, our record at NDP has to end sometime, as does Accies' Indian summer. My heart says we'll win it 3-2, my head says we'll go 2 up and end up drawing.

Looking at their highlights v Dundee United, the Accies defence doesn't look any great shakes, and if we employ our high-tempo pressing game then we'll get chances. Problem is, who will take them? I'd think about going with -

Samson

Barbour Connolly Pascali Chantler

Clingan Hamill

Johnston Obadeyi

Magennis McKenzie

...which would allow us to break with pace, and means we can still utilise Magennis' strength and workrate. I feel either he or Ngoo should be dropped, and for me, Josh offers more especially away from home. In all honesty, we'll probably go for the above team except for Muirhead instead of Johnston, and McKenzie pushed wide, which I wouldn't be too averse to. As long as Robbie is up-front and not shunted wide again.

Muirhead for Ngoo please.

This.

Playing with 2 sitting central midfielders as we have been doing , you really need someone in the gap behind the front 3 who will cover that final third and link it all up. I wish I was asking for Eremenko to be starting but Muirhead has really impressed me this season so far.

I think and hope Eremenko will come good but, as others have alluded to in the match thread, he doesn't look happy or motivated. I think he played well off the bench on Saturday though but Robbie outshone him.

We should be looking to exploit Accies midfield now it will be missing McKinnon. He seemed to be the anchorman that allowed the 'flair' players do their thing, so Neil will have to change something and that could affect their continuity. As I said above, their defence isn't the most solid, so we should get plenty of chances, just got to take them and hope our defence continues to impress.

We should be looking to exploit Accies midfield now it will be missing McKinnon. He seemed to be the anchorman that allowed the 'flair' players do their thing, so Neil will have to change something and that could affect their continuity. As I said above, their defence isn't the most solid, so we should get plenty of chances, just got to take them and hope our defence continues to impress.

He'll either shift Gillespie into midfield to do the holding role, bringing in Hendrie to play at left-back or he'll start himself in the holding role. McKinnon's suspension is a blow but it's not the end of the world IMO. With regards to McKinnon, unfortunately he still has that junior league mentality about him, lacking in discipline but I suppose that's what makes him the player he is.

Archived