Hamilton vs Kilmarnock - 20/09/14

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I seen the team sheet before the game I said I would settle for a point - after watching that I felt like we dropped two!

Special mention to Ziggy who was excellent stepping in at centre half! Felt Scotland had Dougie had poor games though.

Neil was one more tackle away from a red so it was a wise decision to bring himself off - we don't need any more missing players!

Hope Tony can make Wednesday, but that's probably wishful thinking as he hobbled off at the end.

When i found out the line-up i thought we would lose , four of our best players out , make shift young defence , subs bench only had Longridge who could be classed as experienced so a great point that puts us 14 in front of Ross County .

I do not think we will get away with that line-up getting us points too often , could defo do with a couple of players in .

Makeshift team with 4 key players missing in Canning Jesus, MAC and McKinnon so quite happy with the point. Some nice one touch stuff in the 1st half without really creating any clear-cut chances. 2nd half was pretty even until Neil went off and we seemed to lose our shape a bit. Can understand why Neil took himself off though, on a booking and 3 games in a week would be too much for him. I felt Scotland wasn't really in the game today, perhaps playing midweek in the U20's took it's toll. As mentioned Ziggy at makeshift centre-back was excellent, and Crawford and #22 had some nice touches. Referee was quite poor for both sides although he did get one right when he booked the Killie No7 for one of the worst dives I've seen for a long while in the 2nd half.

Considering the line up I thought that was a great performance, at the start I would have taken the draw without a doubt, but we had a good first half and probably should have went in with the lead.

Killie came into it more in the second half and had the better chances, and it looked they'd nick it at the end.

Mention to McGovern and Ziggy who were both solid, Crawford was quite good to.

I've been away all week so had no idea what was wrong with MAC and Canning, could anyone please enlighten me, also I'm assuming Tena was out because of last week.

Considering the line up I thought that was a great performance, at the start I would have taken the draw without a doubt, but we had a good first half and probably should have went in with the lead.

Killie came into it more in the second half and had the better chances, and it looked they'd nick it at the end.

Mention to McGovern and Ziggy who were both solid, Crawford was quite good to.

I've been away all week so had no idea what was wrong with MAC and Canning, could anyone please enlighten me, also I'm assuming Tena was out because of last week.

Don't know about Canning but MAC pulled up in the warm up.

Yes student cards at the gate.

The guy at the gate told me there were no student prices?

Thought that was a decent game. Accies probably had slightly more of the first half without creating much, then we had the better of the second half.

Thought our defence and the two in the middle were solid, but none of the four attacking players played particularly well. Muirhead yet again being played far too deep when he's clearly a number 9. Thought we looked a lot more dangerous when Eremenko and Miller came on.

The guy at the gate told me there were no student prices?

Thought that was a decent game. Accies probably had slightly more of the first half without creating much, then we had the better of the second half.

Thought our defence and the two in the middle were solid, but none of the four attacking players played particularly well. Muirhead yet again being played far too deep when he's clearly a number 9. Thought we looked a lot more dangerous when Eremenko and Miller came on.

Who's the black guy on the left-wing for Killie? I thought he was quite impressive. Gillespie was struggling to cope with his pace..

got to go down as one of the most boring games I've ever watched. first half Hamilton had about 3 long range shots that Samson would have been slaughtered for if he let. we on the other hand produced exactly zilch. second half a bit better. Hamilton better at the beginning and the end. killie had a good spell in the middle. nobody deserved to win, nobody deserved to lose, nobody deserved to score. a total zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Archived