Hamilton vs Kilmarnock - 20/09/14

The game was average. Of the chances i thought Killie had the better. The ref made some dubious decisions against both sides but hey ho. Happy with the point.

Good number of Killie fans came through and the ones a bumped into in the vaults seemed decent. Looking forward to the return leg which will hopefully be a tad more pleasing on the eye :) .

WebRep
currentVote
noRating
noWeight

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy at the gate told me there were no student prices?

I was told this today too which is out of order to be honest. I've been using my card at NDP since the start of last season. 22 quid is a big dent in the pocket compared to 10!

Like others, I would have taken a point before kick off. We played really well for first 25 minutes and probably should have made it count, Andreu's early shot probably the closest. What about that linesman though, flagging for offside when the ball reached Scotland from the Killie boy's excellent tackle? Stop making up your own jokes!

McGovern a good shout for MOTM, with two great one on one stops and excellent handling all day. Crawford and Gordon had fine games too. Hope #22 is fit enough for midweek, three knocks in about five minutes.

Who's the black guy on the left-wing for Killie? I thought he was quite impressive. Gillespie was struggling to cope with his pace..

That was Obadeyi, and I literally couldn't disagree more with you about his performance. I thought he was hopeless. So often we managed to isolate him one-on-one against Gillespie and he couldn't provide a half-decent end product once. He seemed to be shirking a lot of his defensive responsibilities too, which wasn't good enough when all the other players were working their arses off.

In agreement with most of the comments so far. Not many clear cut chances, Accies had best of first half, Killie had best of second. I was completely panic stricken when I saw the defence we were lining up with but to be fair to Hendrie and Devlin they worked their socks off and didn't do too much wrong.

McGovern, Gordon and Andreu were our best today but a word about Ally Crawford. Can't believe how much he has improved since stepping up to this league. He used to be a favourite target of the boo boys but he's definitely one of our better players now.

A decent enough point from a mediocre game. We move on and hopefully some of our casualties will have recovered for the Motherwell games......bring them on!!!

That was Obadeyi, and I literally couldn't disagree more with you about his performance. I thought he was hopeless. So often we managed to isolate him one-on-one against Gillespie and he couldn't provide a half-decent end product once. He seemed to be shirking a lot of his defensive responsibilities too, which wasn't good enough when all the other players were working their arses off.

His end product could have been better at times to be fair but every Killie attack seemed to go through him and Gillespie struggled to cope when he ran at him.

I take it Eremenko isn't match-fit yet?. Like Andreu he has a great 1st touch.

So so perforce from Killie against an under strength Hamilton . No plus points

We only looked dangerous when Losa came on . If he's carying a knock then that's fine but if not then why didn't AJ play him sooner ?

Red dot territory for that comment ?

Well i can think of 1...

His end product could have been better at times to be fair but every Killie attack seemed to go through him and Gillespie struggled to cope when he ran at him.

I take it Eremenko isn't match-fit yet?. Like Andreu he has a great 1st touch.

The fact he had so much of the ball is the exact reason I'm so annoyed with his performance. He had ample opportunity to produce something for us, and he just couldn't do it.

Eremenko is still working his way up to match fitness. Even today, he produce a few brilliant passes, but also gave the ball away quite a few times. However, I think the rest of our team is fairly workmanlike, so we do need a guy who can produce a bit of golddust every week, even if it comes at the expense of giving the ball away a bit more often. I would start him against St Johnstone on Tuesday night.

A draw was a fair result Magenis had the best chance went his shot was blocked at close range by Mgovern.A couple of long shots from accies Ali hit a good one from about 35 yards which was tipped over the bar.Apart from that it was a bit scrappy we had some key players out so a point is a decent result glad Neil took himself off after getting booked to give young Lyon his Spl debut.

Happy enough with that point given that we finished the game with eight home grown players. Lost our shape after Sir Alex went off but still managed to threaten , particularly at the end of the second half when we nearly nicked it! Squad is a bit thin but we are not alone in that. Killie were OK and had a reasonable spell in the second half but the draw was about right! With a full strength team I think we would have won.

Thought Hamilton played a lot of nice stuff going forward going forward in the first half. The first touches a lot of the time really impressed me. They looked a bit panicky at the back though, and when they went down a gear in the second half, Kilmarnock started making chances due to some fairly poor stuff at the back. I'd say Hamilton seen a lot more of the ball, but the real chances were made by Kilmarnock. It seemed like Hamilton's attacks were going nowhere.

I was told this today too which is out of order to be honest. I've been using my card at NDP since the start of last season. 22 quid is a big dent in the pocket compared to 10!

Was taken aback by it.

Considering you can see the uni from the stand, it's a given surely to have student prices.

The game was pretty bad, 1st half especially. However, considering our record at NDP, that's a fine point.

I'm more and more impressed with Connelly every time I see him. Pasca had his best game in a while too, which was nice to see.

Archived