Takeover at Somerset

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funniest bit about Cameron's response is the idea that the first place that anyone will hear of any concrete news is on the Ayrshire Post or the club website. Never in history has news first broken on either of those.

I see Hugh Clarke commenting on his continued match sponsorship in the club newsletter.

"My family and I have supported Ayr for generations and I was brought up next to Somerset Park. I look forward to this Saturdays match with Airdrie and hope that everyone gets behind Mark Roberts and the players and keeps the club at the top of the league where we belong. This club has massive potential and we are delighted to be a part of it."

Maybe teasing some more involvement...

The funniest bit about Cameron's response is the idea that the first place that anyone will hear of any concrete news is on the Ayrshire Post or the club website. Never in history has news first broken on either of those.

Clarke tells his story in this weeks AP

Anyone able to give any details for those that don't live in Ayrshire so won't see it?

Ditto, no chance of seeing out in Fife.

I'm starting to get a little bit more suspicious there might just be something a little more to this.

Maybe not a take over but eyeing up a board seat possibly?

Going on what's been said on the OS about him matching in pounds the number of fans through the gates for the next two home games.

The back page headline story is that we are going with a full-time core of 8 or 9 first team plus 4 or 5 of the best Academy players, perhaps as early as next week. It's a joint venture between the Academy and the club.

Changed days indeed.

The back page headline story is that we are going with a full-time core of 8 or 9 first team plus 4 or 5 of the best Academy players, perhaps as early as next week. It's a joint venture between the Academy and the club.

Changed days indeed.

I wonder who the 8/9 first teamers will be. What if some of them are already in jobs outside football? Will they be expected to quit these

Heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I believe all those who'll be going full time don't currently have full time jobs. I can't remember all the names but I think David Hutton, Scott McLaughlin, Kevin McKinlay, Alan Forrest were mentioned. Can't remember the others.

He said the 5000 thing tongue in cheek though, because he wants to be made to pay as much as he can be the sounds of it. Good to have someone interested with a bit of ambition. What he needs to do is get people interested and along.

Archived