Takeover at Somerset

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After-match in the hospitality is going to be fun if this rumbles on though. Mark Roberts is going to love having to shake hands and make nice with a guy who's told the world he's getting fired as soon as the chance arises.

Disgusted at myself for buying the Daily Mail to read this article, but here are some the key points:

• Clarke has first refusal on a deal to buy out Lachlan Cameron
  • Provided [the deal] is concluded in the coming days 'it is understood Shiels would take over... from Mark Roberts'
  • Clarke is in the process of selling his 10-acre, £1.8 million mansion in Northern Ireland in order to be hands-on at Somerset Park
  • Cameron is flying over from LA to finalise arrangements
  • On the crowd at Saturday's game (at which Shiels was Clarke's guest) "I'm prepared to fund this club back to the top flight but the stay-away fans are giving me second thoughts"

- if you're planning on appointing Shiels as manager: Bolt!

- if you're having second thoughts already: Bolt!

It's not going to happen though, nothing ever happens at Ayr. Can't even manage to sign Nicky Riley.

- if you're planning on appointing Shiels as manager: Bolt!

- if you're having second thoughts already: Bolt!

It's not going to happen though, nothing ever happens at Ayr. Can't even manage to sign Nicky Riley.

Agreed.Not even in charge and the fans are getting blamed for something already.

If he's serious lets hear his actual ideas instead of meaningless soundbites in the press.At this moment in time his tactics are very similar to David Murrays in the 80s ..will he turn up at Somerset with a bulldozer?? .Although he has made an effort by sponsoring games and the £1 a fan thing.I won't write him off yet but we really need facts rather than articles promising Kenny Shiels(FFS...even DL seems a better option and that's saying something)

Terry Butcher would be my choice if we could attract him always created good teams from nothing on a shoe string and if Rangers want him we could get good compo.when Super Ally goes if the results are not improving big Tel done well at ICT would be a draw for decent English non league players if we are pro and give them a decent wage to make the move north

Terry Butcher would be my choice if we could attract him always created good teams from nothing on a shoe string and if Rangers want him we could get good compo.when Super Ally goes if the results are not improving big Tel done well at ICT would be a draw for decent English non league players if we are pro and give them a decent wage to make the move north

Yep.

From what I've heard so far, I don't like the sound of this. A Gretna-esque money-spunking journey up the leagues is not a plan I'd like a prospective owner to be suggesting.

The almost childlike "if the stay away fans don't come back then I won't bankroll you to the Premiership" blackmail attempt is certainly a bad start as well.

From what I've heard so far, I don't like the sound of this. A Gretna-esque money-spunking journey up the leagues is not a plan I'd like a prospective owner to be suggesting.

The almost childlike "if the stay away fans don't come back then I won't bankroll you to the Premiership" blackmail attempt is certainly a bad start as well.

Come on this is Ayr!

There won't be a new owner, there won't be money-spunking, and we won't be going up the leagues. No matter what happens we'll end up back where we are now. Football teams never die, these days, at worst they stay as rubbish as they always are.

Couple of thoughts on this from a non Ayr fan who has a couple of boys in the Youth Academy :

1/ Ayr have a Manager who at this point is doing a decent job and has them up at the right end of the Table so it would be unfair IMO for any new owner not to give him a chance to finish the job he has started.

2/ I watched Kenny Shiels coach / manage the Club I support to a National Trophy win. That day I knew Killie would beat Celtic about 20 mins in , we were singing " Ole , Ole " as we kept the ball on the Hampden Pitch , we looked like a European side as Scott Brown and the rest of the Celtic Team could not get a kick. The Goal that won it from Dieter Van Turnhout is a classic and brilliantly worked. The way Kilmarnock FC treated Kenny Shiels was disgraceful IMO BUT if a takeover does happen to replace Roberts while he has Ayr on target for at least the play offs would be a poor start from any new owners if a takeover happens.

In summary , Kenny is a good manager who likes his teams to play football the correct way , but Ayr United have a Manager at present who is doing a decent job and who IMO should at the very least get to the end of the season to finish what he has started. That would be the fair thing to do but football is not always fair.

Kenny Shiels is a total fraud and doesn't know the first thing about playing football the right way.

Come on he had them playing good football made some good singings to

Sooner have Butcher though better draw for English lads coming up maybe from the north east

Hibernian never worked out but he done well at ICT another small club he got decent players up to

If Ayr was to pump the cash in its those leagues we would be looking at players from and maybe Northern Ireland.

Archived