Bricklayers on the ready in Carlisle

scottishkilty

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A referendum won by yes campaign on 16 year olds with little knowledge of life in the real world. You will tear your country apart with all this.

Aye and then the ants will take over and the seas will boil and rivers of blood and dogs and cats living together....blah blah..............total pish...Thanks for stopping by now kindly bugger off

There are people of all ages who will be a lot thicker than the 16 year olds who will vote today. The OP included I'm willing to wager.

The 16 years I have seen on the debates were certainly more intelligent and had clearly done their research. More than can be said for a lot of adults I have spoken to.

Jambomo, on 18 Sept 2014 - 07:37, said:

The 16 years I have seen on the debates were certainly more intelligent and had clearly done their research. More than can be said for a lot of adults I have spoken to.

The arguments for younger people not voting simply do not work. It's not far short of saying "we should ban stupid people".

There are people of all ages who will be a lot thicker than the 16 year olds who will vote today. The OP included I'm willing to wager.

Well said.

The OP doesn't want them voting but has no objection to these voters going off to a foreign war on behalf of the UK. Fucking idiot.

Well said.

The OP doesn't want them voting but has no objection to these voters going off to a foreign war on behalf of the UK. Fucking idiot.

While you can join the forces at 16, under 18's are not deployed to war zones. The only reason the forces are happy to take under 18's is they are easier to train (mould) and they are scared they will pick another career before they turn 18 and then don't want to join up.

While you can join the forces at 16, under 18's are not deployed to war zones. The only reason the forces are happy to take under 18's is they are easier to train (mould) and they are scared they will pick another career before they turn 18 and then don't want to join up.

They don't take kindly to 17 year old recruits coming back on board pissed and pucking on the QM either.

Many 16/17yo's died in WW2.

Edit: Obviously loads of people died, I mean 16/17yo UK soldiers.

Archived