Home rule in England?

Mr Bairn

Seems to be gaining steam as the English answer to more powers for Scotland, they want some devolution of their own, making the UK more of a federal union.

English parliament?

Regional parliaments?

Allow only English MPs to vote on England only issues?

Seems as though some form of English devolution is very unpopular among those who voted Yes and could be portrayed as somehow "Scotland getting fecked over by the Tories" but I'd like to ask what exactly the problem is with it?

The Scottish parliament has been largely successful but I'd like to see equal levels of devolution to all 4 parts of the UK.

Seems to be gaining steam as the English answer to more powers for Scotland, they want some devolution of their own, making the UK more of a federal union.

English parliament?

Regional parliaments?

Allow only English MPs to vote on England only issues?

Seems as though some form of English devolution is very unpopular among those who voted Yes and could be portrayed as somehow "Scotland getting fecked over by the Tories" but I'd like to ask what exactly the problem is with it?

The Scottish parliament has been largely successful but I'd like to see equal levels of devolution to all 4 parts of the UK.

It's already happening.

vicar-of-dibley.jpg

I always liked the Lib Dem idea of a more federal set up, with regional assemblies throughout the UK. There has been very little appetite for such a thing in corners of England though.

Other notions of national parliaments in each of the UK countries sounds more problematic, given the huge imbalance in population.

Archived