Why there will be another referendum in 10 yrs and Yes will win.

John Lambies Doos

I think the yes camp need to look internally and not blame everyone else.

Its the economy stupid is a cliché but it holds true - present a more cohesive economic plan starting at the base with a currency; we all know the CU was a short term fix and that 'Salmond's millstone' comment was the real feeling of the nationalist camp. Also if your whole campaign hinges on the 'trust me I will get a CU' then Salmond was not the man to convince enough people

If yes had stopped pushing the best possible option scenario in respect of every challenge, hadn't deceived (eg like over the EU); and it might have gone differently.

Unfortunately, the 'we are all great and positive and passionate and activist led etc' blinded people to the core shortcomings.

I think the yes camp need to look internally and not blame everyone else.

Its the economy stupid is a cliché but it holds true - present a more cohesive economic plan starting at the base with a currency; we all know the CU was a short term fix and that 'Salmond's millstone' comment was the real feeling of the nationalist camp. Also if your whole campaign hinges on the 'trust me I will get a CU' then Salmond was not the man to convince enough people

If yes had stopped pushing the best possible option scenario in respect of every challenge, hadn't deceived (eg like over the EU); and it might have gone differently.

Unfortunately, the 'we are all great and positive and passionate and activist led etc' blinded people to the core shortcomings.

Do you think a new currency would have given Yes a better chance of victory? If so you are deluded.

The plan on the currency was pretty much the only option available unless they wanted to kill their chances stone dead (with plans for a new currency or a plan to join the Euro).

Do you think a new currency would have given Yes a better chance of victory? If so you are deluded.

The plan on the currency was pretty much the only option available unless they wanted to kill their chances stone dead (with plans for a new currency or a plan to join the Euro).

Well it was not me that told people over and over that their were a range of options - Again another example of not being upfront.

Once the genie is out the bottle on English nationalism at Westminster, the political landscape will change in ways that are difficult to predict in the short to medium term, but the end result will be a corrosion of the type of shared Britishness that a portion of Scottish electorate still prefers to independence.

This wasn't close. It was a rout.

Quebec was close.

No, the second Quebec one was close. The first in 1980 was 40/60, and with a turnout of 3.7million (more than Thursday) less people voted for independence than the 1.6m who voted yes this week.

The second one was 15 years later, I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest another Scottish referendum between 2025 and 2030. There was also an 18 year gap between the devolution referendums.

By that time opinion polls may well had yes ahead (it was on 28% when the campaign for this one started) which makes it far easier to put forward a referendum. The UK could be out of the EU by then. The Euro could also be stronger by then, meaning a very different currency argument. Labour could very well have split into two by then with a pro-Indy side.

A lot of variables. Of course, we may well get Devo max, life may get better, and Team GB might win Euro 2020 to the delight of the country.

Archived