General Election 2015

Ludo*1

Apparently the defeated Labour candidate in the Glenrothes bye-election's prediction of the upcoming election for Labour was "carnage". They are in utter disarray.

I just hope so. Its not definite but I hope I will be celebrating the death of UK Labour (Scottish Branch) on May 8th.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBdUYAqXIAAK1e8.jpg

Remember, though, this isn't scaremongering. They're simply warning of the dangers of a Labour government and it would be dishonest not to do so.

Best to stick with the status quo imo.

I'd be interested to see what ending "exploitive" zero hour contracts means. I've said on here that I'd rather see them better regulated rather than dumped completely. Obviously the way it works now isn't a fair way to do things at all.

I'd be interested to see what ending "exploitive" zero hour contracts means.

For an explanation of this pledge, simply tick the third box down on your sheet and hand it in on May 7. Answers may take up to 15 years to arrive!*

* Arrival not guaranteed. No refunds.

I notice the name Paul Walsh on the Telegraph list of business leaders. For anyone who doesn't know he is/was the CEO of Diageo, in other words the man who closed Johnnie Walker and make Kilmarnock the town it is today. At that time the company motto was 'good for scotch,good for Scotland'. Just shows the type of entrepreneurs who back the Tories, as long as its good for business, the workers don't matter in any way.

John McDonnell (one of the far leftist nutters in the Labour Party who is inexplicably GU Labour Club's honorary chair) has written a letter saying he and '30 to 40' (optimistic I would say) Labour MPs would vote against any budget involving cuts.

Whilst I'm assuming this is posturing to get leftist concessions it is irritating. Considering how close this is all looking to be, and how small the margins between passing these sorts of claims can be damaging. When it comes down to it the prospect of a Miliband Labour budget or the threat of a Tory one I doubt they would vote against it. Irritating nonetheless.

John McDonnell (one of the far leftist nutters in the Labour Party who is inexplicably GU Labour Club's honorary chair) has written a letter saying he and '30 to 40' (optimistic I would say) Labour MPs would vote against any budget involving cuts.

Whilst I'm assuming this is posturing to get leftist concessions it is irritating. Considering how close this is all looking to be, and how small the margins between passing these sorts of claims can be damaging. When it comes down to it the prospect of a Miliband Labour budget or the threat of a Tory one I doubt they would vote against it. Irritating nonetheless.

Give me an mp with a backbone and some principles any day. There's far too much lobby fodder in Westminster as it is. I hope he gets some support.

Give me an mp with a backbone and some principles any day. There's far too much lobby fodder in Westminster as it is. I hope he gets some support.

I'd rather have a working government. The left crippled our party in the eighties and they seem to want to do it again.

I honestly think some people in Labour would be happy to be in perpetual opposition but feel morally good about how lovely and left-wing they are than compromise and actually make the country a better place.

I'd rather have a working government. The left crippled our party in the eighties and they seem to want to do it again.

I honestly think some people in Labour would be happy to be in perpetual opposition but feel morally good about how lovely and left-wing they are than compromise and actually make the country a better place.

Is that an admission that the Labour party is no longer left wing? If so, what exactly is the point of the Labour Party?

Presumably Michelle Mone and JK Rowling will slither down to London to give them a good lecture on how things should be run, and complain about vile cyberTory bullying.

JK Rowling will Slytherin to London.

Is that an admission that the Labour party is no longer left wing? If so, what exactly is the point of the Labour Party?

The left of the party. I guess you just decided to ignore the context.

Archived