General Election 2015

Ludo*1

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little bit sweeping! :) Thats a bit like saying all Independence supporters are raging Scottish Nationalists and always have been since birth (also not true!).

FWIW I was a season ticket holder at Ibrox from the age of 4 to 30 as my old man followed the (real) Rangers all his life. Younger brother the same. I only really kept going into my 20's because it was one of the few things I did with my Dad, I found the whole "experience" didn't reflect my thinking once I had grown up. When they died and we had to decide on the renewals it turned out he had been just as fed up with the "quintesentially British" pish (among other things) as me for the last 10 years and was only going for the same reason, it was one of the few things we did together. My brother had long since given up.

We now watch Junior football (the team me and my brother played in), the whole family are Yes voting independence supporters and my wife (and her father) have been active in the SNP for decades.

So, while I agree (from experience) that the vast majority of the Rangers support are a lost cause who have their values so ingrained its not worth the effort to try and talk sense to them, I can also tell you for damn sure that it's not all of them, there are some sensible ones. They may be in the minority (or have taken the opportunity to walk away when they died like I did), but in whatever small numbers we do exist! :)

You my friend are a very good person. ;)

I also knew of Sevco types exactly how fuzzy stated. It's one of the main reasons I cannot stand that football club. If Scotland was independent I don't think I would dislike the OF and particularly Sevco so much.

Celtic fans would've been free from the Union and probably less likely to jump on the Irish bandwagon as Scotland would have achieved exactly what the Republic did. And Sevco fans would slowly have to come to terms with the fact that the Union was over. Less Union flag waving and hatred over time.

The English Nationalists are just as bad mate and just as backward !!

:lol: But British nationalist are top notch? You really are the most weird, bent out of shape creature I've ever encountered.

Have you found any proof yet or your month old slanderous accusations about Scotland? Didn't think so

:lol: But British nationalist are top notch? You really are the most weird, bent out of shape creature I've ever encountered.

Have you found any proof yet of your month old slanderous accusations about the Scottish press? Didn't think so

FTFY be fair !

You calling someone backward

The irony

And calling someone an English C*nt is real forward thinking stuff from a modern Scottish nationalist eh? pathetic, but crack on wee man you're a great advert !!

That's a seat I hope labour takes. Galloway is a dick.

Bradford West, Bristol West (long-odds Green pickup), Sheffield Hallam and South Thanet are the only ones I'm interested in down south. Those four alone will significantly influence news cycles for the next five years if there are any upsets.

Bradford West, Bristol West (long-odds Green pickup), Sheffield Hallam and South Thanet are the only ones I'm interested in down south. Those four alone will significantly influence news cycles for the next five years if there are any upsets.

East Renfewshire too potentially, if Ad lib's canvassers are anything to go by!

Yorkshire running things.

I was almost half tempted to get down to Sheffield Hallam to help Labour, but found out that the person organising Labour's efforts there is Tom Watson. Tbh I can deal with the disappointment of Cleggy retaining his seat if it means Tom Watson has failed...again.

Archived