General Election 2015

Ludo*1

The SLAB heavyweights seem to be hiding a bit today, I've not caught Anus bumping his gums once, he's usually spouting pish all over some couch or other.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can all personally thank me for ousting Danny Alexander from government.

You're welcome.

Cheers mate

I'm feeling the love on PnB today. Everybody's done a fantastic job. Big shout out to all those in Douglas Alexander's, Jim Murphys seat aswell as all of Fife.

What a fucking turnaround!

Guess it's time for the post-match analysis (to quote Patriot Jim).

What a stunning, stunning result for the SNP in Scotland. Over 50% of the popular vote, and reducing each of the three unionist parties to 1 seat each is incredible. SNP ran the most positive, aspirational campaign - they even spoke to members of the public occassionally :o - and have been rewarded heavily as a result.

The Tories - whether you like them or not, they've clearly run an almost flawless campaign. Yes, it has been extremely negative and hasn't really been about policy, but no one can deny that it has worked.They held onto their seats and routed the lib dems in the South West of England. Taking Ed Balls must've been absolutely glorious for them :lol:

The legacy of their campaign could be a difficult one to for the union to recover from though. The tone was Anti-SNP throughout and, by implication, anti-Scottish. I'm not equating being Scottish and SNP to being the same thing, but clearly the electorate up here did. The effectively divided and conquered and managed to win the most unlikely of majorities.

Lib Dems - absolute disaster. Honestly, where do they go from here? Down to 8 seats UK wide, the same as the DUP, and that's after what has been generally acknowledged as a 'successful' campaign in the media. To give them their due, they made a much better fist of holding onto their Scottish seats than labour managed. Most were reasonably close, whereas Labour were routed pretty much everywhere in theirs.

Labour - :lol:

How on earth did they get this so wrong? To be fair to both Ed and Jim, the position they were put in wasn't all of their own making. It's clear that labour moving right has not been popular in Scotland, but won them seats in England. Ed tried to take them leftwards again with their manifesto, presumably to shore up their Scottish vote, and ended up being routed everywhere as a result.

I don't think that labour can survive as one UK wide party any more. English and Welsh labour need to be centre right, Scottish labour needs to be on the left and the mixed messages emanating from them has just resulted in a complete disaster of a campaign for them.

I feel sorry for Ed - he's just not tough enough to be labour leader in the UK. He seems like a decent guy ultimately though, and he didn't deserve the result that he got.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Murphy, Alexander, Curran or any of the other self serving Blairite arse holes who were unseated this morning however. Labour need more Katy Clark and Neil Findlay type figures - people on the left, those that actually appear to care rather than the self serving New Labourites that have infested their party in Scotland. If any of the above, and several others, want to salvage a politicial career then they will have to go elsewhere in the UK. Scotland, it appears, have seen through them and don't want anything to do with them.

One last thing - GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YOU SARWAR.

I don't understand why SNP supporters even care about who won the overall majority. Their influence now is greater than its ever been and getting into bed with one of the parties in a coalition could have damaged them lib dem style.

Because of the Billions of cuts in benefits for the most vulnerable, cuts for the NHS and more inequality. It is fucking shite and 56 SNP MPs isn't a victory for anyone who is hoping for a better outlook for the next 5 years

Dear lord, just looking at the possible candidates for Labour leader. Obviously, like the branch office, they've got no fucking idea why they're in the position they are.

Tony Benn had it right - if people want Tories, they will vote for the real thing. Arseholes, sure, but not weasel careerists desperate for popularity over principles.

I actually respect Cameron and his school chums more than this lot. They must be constantly amazed how much of a shagging the people of this country will take, and they won't stop while the electorate is more interested in Coronation St than Downing St.

I think more people saw through Labour rather than blindly accepting a shafting from the Tories. How Miliband and Balls had the audacity (throughout the campaign) to claim that they were a safe bet to take care of the country's finance after their last monstrous f*ck up is beyond me. They were havin a f*ckin laugh surely !!

I'm so sorry I was worried we would let the Tories back in Perth :(

Also get it fucking up you Murphy you fundilimundily c**t

Because of the Billions of cuts in benefits for the most vulnerable, cuts for the NHS and more inequality. It is fucking shite and 56 SNP MPs isn't a victory for anyone who is hoping for a better outlook for the next 5 years

Your right, its going to be a very tough 5 years. We done our bit up here, Labour in England shat the bed though. As soon as Milliband said he'd rather see the Tories Govern the country than work with the SNP , the goalposts had moved. That's exactly what has happened, even if we all know he didn't mean it.

I think we are going to take a kicking in the next 5 years but in the long run it will be the best thing for Independence imo.

Guess it's time for the post-match analysis (to quote Patriot Jim).

What a stunning, stunning result for the SNP in Scotland. Over 50% of the popular vote, and reducing each of the three unionist parties to 1 seat each is incredible. SNP ran the most positive, aspirational campaign - they even spoke to members of the public occassionally :o - and have been rewarded heavily as a result.

The Tories - whether you like them or not, they've clearly run an almost flawless campaign. Yes, it has been extremely negative and hasn't really been about policy, but no one can deny that it has worked.They held onto their seats and routed the lib dems in the South West of England. Taking Ed Balls must've been absolutely glorious for them :lol:

The legacy of their campaign could be a difficult one to for the union to recover from though. The tone was Anti-SNP throughout and, by implication, anti-Scottish. I'm not equating being Scottish and SNP to being the same thing, but clearly the electorate up here did. The effectively divided and conquered and managed to win the most unlikely of majorities.

Lib Dems - absolute disaster. Honestly, where do they go from here? Down to 8 seats UK wide, the same as the DUP, and that's after what has been generally acknowledged as a 'successful' campaign in the media. To give them their due, they made a much better fist of holding onto their Scottish seats than labour managed. Most were reasonably close, whereas Labour were routed pretty much everywhere in theirs.

Labour - :lol:

How on earth did they get this so wrong? To be fair to both Ed and Jim, the position they were put in wasn't all of their own making. It's clear that labour moving right has not been popular in Scotland, but won them seats in England. Ed tried to take them leftwards again with their manifesto, presumably to shore up their Scottish vote, and ended up being routed everywhere as a result.

I don't think that labour can survive as one UK wide party any more. English and Welsh labour need to be centre right, Scottish labour needs to be on the left and the mixed messages emanating from them has just resulted in a complete disaster of a campaign for them.

I feel sorry for Ed - he's just not tough enough to be labour leader in the UK. He seems like a decent guy ultimately though, and he didn't deserve the result that he got.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Murphy, Alexander, Curran or any of the other self serving Blairite arse holes who were unseated this morning however. Labour need more Katy Clark and Neil Findlay type figures - people on the left, those that actually appear to care rather than the self serving New Labourites that have infested their party in Scotland. If any of the above, and several others, want to salvage a politicial career then they will have to go elsewhere in the UK. Scotland, it appears, have seen through them and don't want anything to do with them.

One last thing - GET IT RIGHT FUCKING UP YOU SARWAR.

I think (or hope) that the LibDems will die in their Scotland strongholds. The Border areas wiped them out and they just scraped by in Orkney & Shetland. That party has no relevance whatsoever.

Labor have been exposed as a bunch of self-serving whores. They will never recover if they remain a Westminster puppet branch.

@ Kyle.

The Tories will have enjoyed beating the narcissistic Vince Cable even more than Ed Balls. They respect Labour but utterly loathe the Lib Dems. Ed Balls's speech after the declaration was very gracious and dignified. He'll get a well paid job.

Labour MP on BBC there claiming that voters didn't want Ed Miliband as PM and that UKIP voters flocked home at the prospect of an SNP bloc influencing government. Lol. Enjoy the oblivion.

Archived