Hamilton Accies VS Aberdeen (Friday Nite Football) Live on BT Sport -

Is it just me or did there look way more than just over 4000 there last night looked a few hundred empty seats in the main. Youth teams had to get moved to the gazeebo due to the far away end being full. 1700 sheep. Id have thought closer to 5000

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. They disposed of us with sheer ease in the second game.

I thought at the time that this was a damning indictment of how bad we were, but they really are a very good side.

On the plus side it's a bit like last season. I remember being appalled by St Mirren last season after we got pumped 4-1 at Tannadice, but then Utd went on to pump everyone 4-0 in their next 8 games and I didn't feel as bad. ;)

Still can't figure out how Dundee pipped them. Hamilton were by far the best team last season, at least against Falkirk. I guess they just lost concentration towards the end.

Cause we bottled it at Dumbarton. Dundee pumped us 3-0 earlier in the season because they had to or the league was slipping away from them.

Enjoyed last nights pumpfest even though it put a big hole right in the middle of my Friday night sesh. Another day at the office really. Another team dispatched by a good hard working team playing with pace always looking for goals. Two crucial saves from McGovern.

Jesus Christ. First off hats off to accies. Great start and great result. Now to your post,

Your'e lucky we won the league or serious questions would have been asked of that result. If you think a last day 10-2 win with EXACTLY the right 8 goal deficit wouldn't raise eyebrows you're off your head. Whether there was any wrongdoing or not will never be known but Dundee fans had legitimate cause to question that freak show. Anyway that's water under the bridge now as the correct team took the title.

Given that they've gone on to beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the country 4-0 and 3-0 respectively, it's not really that unrealistic that they actually were good enough to beat the worst team in the 2nd tier by 8 goals.

Dundee have only won twice this season though! Hartley should have had more faith in the squad that won the title.

Oh god no. The difference between this squad and last years is day and night. We won the league by just having a bigger squad than most sides and more experience; we were also banking on Hamilton's youthfulness letting them down when the pressure was on. There was no choice but to have a proper clear out and early indications are that we've done well with who we've brought in.

Hamilton's squad is a lot more youthful than the Dundee promotion winning one so you'd imagine they'd kick on a bit more.

For a promoted team to be 9 clear after 10 games is good going. Only three league defeats as well. I'm happy.

Is it just me or did there look way more than just over 4000 there last night looked a few hundred empty seats in the main. Youth teams had to get moved to the gazeebo due to the far away end being full. 1700 sheep. Id have thought closer to 5000

There were a lot of people who were at the ticket office who were told it was a sell out and went home.The free tickets for boys clubs and those with the 2 free season books led to this supposedly.

Might be time to consider making the Gazebo for home fans.

Will read through the thread later, I'm sure it's a point and laugh fest and rightly so.

Absolute boot in the baws of a result, but as poor as we were, Hamilton were superb. Very slick, clever and energetic team, full credit to the Manager for the job he is doing there.

The result has been coming for a while, we've been far too shaky at the back for weeks and it was always going to come back and bite us.

We bounced back well from setbacks this season so far but these type of performances need to stop or we'll barely scrape Top 6 if this kind of defending continues.

Well done Hamilton.

Quite odd that we have no tv games over the festive period, when we are clearly playing some attractive football.

What are they keeping our quota for?!

The title run-in of course :P

Given that they've gone on to beat the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the country 4-0 and 3-0 respectively, it's not really that unrealistic that they actually were good enough to beat the worst team in the 2nd tier by 8 goals.

Your point states that Motherwell are the 2nd best team in the country I assume? Maybe they were last year but certainly not now so forgive me if I don't take your point seriously.

Your point states that Motherwell are the 2nd best team in the country I assume? Maybe they were last year but certainly not now so forgive me if I don't take your point seriously.

What he failed to adequately explain is that we beat the top 3 teams from last season which obviously includes the champions. I might add without losing a single goal and scoring 8 in the process, so perhaps the fact we beat Morton 10-2 isn't so far fetched afterall.

Archived