Albion Rovers VS Clyde

What does that have to do with anything? Your pitch for this time of season is a joke, and the ones who will suffer the most is your own team. Your ground is and always has been what it is, but surely you can have the grass cut and rolled pre season?

I've often criticised Cliftonhill as being - sad to say - not fit for purpose, including, of course, the bumpy pitch. But you are wrong to imply criticism of the groundsman who does his best with a lunar surface which is essentially beyond repair.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not "defending" the surface. It is what it is. I would agree that's it's far from perfect. 4G pitches cost upwards of 400k as I understand and also have very high ongoing costs. They aren't all they're cracked up to be either as you do get a lot of variation on well used surfaces. You only need to look at the older plastic surfaces in league 1 and league 2 to see this. I also think that the surface at Cliftonhill could be improved without the need for plastic but as always it will be a tough commercial decision to see any return on investment. As far as our ground being a joke then you are entitled to your opinion of course but it is ours at the end of the day and ownership, identity, heritage, legacy and community is worth much more than a soulless 3/4 empty barren outpost in Anytown.

The pitch was laid after cumbernauld colts applied for a grant from proceeds of crime nothing to do with Clyde hope that clears it up for you

Why not dig it up snd relay grass pre-season

The Auld grun has bit of style in fitba terms with north terracin and wee bit behind goal looks fine but pitch is awful and v suprised no one has done their ankle at the corner flag dip

Agree the ground ain't that bad

Absolutely ridiculous to say you couldn't improve the surface let's get it clear they not that bothered as they have got plenty money from cup run

thought so much. So stadium or pitch nothing to do with Clyde other than your rental fees. Substance indeed.

Genius! Let's point elsewhere when you have a surface worse than a back garden. Feel sorry for your players more than anyone else.

You'll get strips of turf an offer at b & q for a pound that would improve your pitch, but no let's stick some concrete slabs down behind a goal.

thought so much. So stadium or pitch nothing to do with Clyde other than your rental fees. Substance indeed.

Virtually all over Europe teams don't own their grounds. In Scotland they should be run by and used by the community 6 days a week Owning your own ground doesn't really help unless you can make money out of it far better it being run as a community facility with the club able to utilise it for matchday revenue , training etc

Just to clear it up we can't utilise Broadwood this way as we messed it up.big style with the council , still hope we can build bridges with them and local community something that ferguson is quite happy to get his teeth into.

Virtually all over Europe teams don't own their grounds. In Scotland they should be run by and used by the community 6 days a week Owning your own ground doesn't really help unless you can make money out of it far better it being run as a community facility with the club able to utilise it for matchday revenue , training etc

listen , I agree. Just cant stomach the "holier than thou" pontificating. Our board seem to be making slow and steady progress with the ground and safety issues. Pitch improvements need to follow. Accepted. Similarly other clubs such as yours have your own issues to deal with.

listen , I agree. Just cant stomach the "holier than thou" pontificating. Our board seem to be making slow and steady progress with the ground and safety issues. Pitch improvements need to follow. Accepted. Similarly other clubs such as yours have your own issues to deal with.

My earlier posts stated we have much room to talk about the way clubs are run I've no problem with rovers maybe the safety concerns are the major priority hope they do get round to the pitch eventually

Ps the pitch isn't an excuse for us not winning yesterday.

Genius! Let's point elsewhere when you have a surface worse than a back garden. Feel sorry for your players more than anyone else.

You'll get strips of turf an offer at b & q for a pound that would improve your pitch, but no let's stick some concrete slabs down behind a goal.

I believe our pitch has caused difficulties with recruiting players. I've always assumed it was expense which has prevented relaying.

Unbeaten in 4 games, 4 points off play off places and have the league's top goalscorer. Could be worse.

Don't be ridiculous we are in the middle of a crisis and need to sack the manager after he got rid of all the superstars????

Don't be ridiculous we are in the middle of a crisis and need to sack the manager after he got rid of all the superstars

I know. We have a new squad and a new manager who seem to be just learning how to play with one another. I'm prepared to give BF a decent amount of time to work this out.

I know. We have a new squad and a new manager who seem to be just learning how to play with one another. I'm prepared to give BF a decent amount of time to work this out.

I think if we stick with him he will be a success

Good to hear some of you talking sense, was walking out the game on Saturday just behind a group of your fans and they were all shouting "there must be a fu*cking job at Ibrox for Fergie" also a woman shouting about how Fergie is useless and refuses to let one of your boys "use his width" and "he's to push inside all the time".

Archived