Steam not starting

Dave1875

Apologies if this falls into the gaming category.

Since yesterday my Steam has refused to start. Originally it would have the "unable to connect" and prompt me to enter my username and password. After that it would work perfectly fine.

However now it just stops working. Everytime I try to connect a .crash file appears in my Steam folder. I've tried multiple Uninstalls & Reinstalls. Had a look on Steam Support forum and followed some of the suggestions they've given, majority of them appear clueless anyway.

Dunno if it has anything to do with recently updating my display drivers. In my steam folder there's a debug text document that just says:

[1018/122509:ERROR:renderer_main.cc(227)] Running without renderer sandbox

Particularly your graphics drivers.

Myabe check if anything else is conflicting too.

Do you maybe have raptr installed?

I've found that to be a big steaming pile of crap.

Huh, turns out Raptr was being a b*****d and blocking it, soon as I uninstalled it and tried Steam again it worked. Cheers mate

ooookay. For some reason it's started doing it again. My usual problem was when I tried starting it it would come up "Unable to connect to the steam network, please retry or start in offline mode" it's hit retry connection and it would prompt me to enter my username & password. This happened everytime I wanted to start Steam and it would work fine from then on.

However, after I updated my graphics drivers as they kept crashing randomly or when ever I changed YouTube videos, it suddenly just not doing anything after I did the whole username & password after retrying the connection.

I am tempted to either delete everything bar the Steamapps and Steam.exe in the Steam folder like lots of people recommend. Also tempted to roll back my graphic drivers but knowing my luck the whole thing will f**k up

Archived