Hibernian v Heart of Midlothian, 26/10/2014

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are Fontaine's chances of making for Sunday? If so, will you end up going as a back three? It certainly strikes me as a formation that works for against better teams, but I'd imagine then you would be struggling for back up options on the bench other than youth.

I imagine we'll maintain the same starting eleven as usual, with the only two positions being unknown as Right back and Second striker. McGhee is definitely more solid defensively than Paterson and I'd imagine he will end up getting played there out of conservatism more than anything. In the hole behind Sow it will be either El Hass or Holt. El Hass hasn't been as impressive as hoped for, but he does graft and that industry will probably be more useful on the counter attack. Holt is definitely the best player next to Gomis at keeping the ball moving, but doesn't go as direct. I'd expect Hibs to come at us quite hard on Sunday if their attempts on goal are anything to go by and be looking to hit them with our strength and speed on the counter.

So what are Fontaine's chances of making for Sunday? If so, will you end up going as a back three? It certainly strikes me as a formation that works for against better teams, but I'd imagine then you would be struggling for back up options on the bench other than youth.

I imagine we'll maintain the same starting eleven as usual, with the only two positions being unknown as Right back and Second striker. McGhee is definitely more solid defensively than Paterson and I'd imagine he will end up getting played there out of conservatism more than anything. In the hole behind Sow it will be either El Hass or Holt. El Hass hasn't been as impressive as hoped for, but he does graft and that industry will probably be more useful on the counter attack. Holt is definitely the best player next to Gomis at keeping the ball moving, but doesn't go as direct. I'd expect Hibs to come at us quite hard on Sunday if their attempts on goal are anything to go by and be looking to hit them with our strength and speed on the counter.

I reckon Paterson is a certainty to start, Hibs have no natural width and he will be able to get up and down to support King without being too badly exposed. McGhee has been superb this season but can't get forward as effectively IMO.

I reckon Paterson is a certainty to start, Hibs have no natural width and he will be able to get up and down to support King without being too badly exposed. McGhee has been superb this season but can't get forward as effectively IMO.

This is the main pitfall for us...we've been showing some great midfield play through the middle of the park...Scott Allan in particular is proving to be quite adept at dribbling his way forward and feeding the ball through for the attackers...but I'm not sure what Stubbs has in mind for breaking down Hearts' wing play.

Really can't see him dropping McGhee.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ozturk dropped and McGhee in the cente, CP out wide.

I think Fontaine is expected to be fit, but I doubt that he'll be on from the start. Maybe a replacement for Booth at half time? Still in a back four formation, with Gray, Hanlon, Stevenson.

This is the main pitfall for us...we've been showing some great midfield play through the middle of the park...Scott Allan in particular is proving to be quite adept at dribbling his way forward and feeding the ball through for the attackers...but I'm not sure what Stubbs has in mind for breaking down Hearts' wing play.

Hibs used their width against Rangers from using Stevenson and Gray as wing-backs very astutely. If we can maintain overloads on the two of them and push them back then we only really need to worry about their counterattacking through the centre. It's just a question for me of how ambitious wants to be in defence. Ozturk will start next to Wilson regardless of how well McGhee has been playing. No way do you drop a solid CB partnership that has been proven solid for the most part.

I think Fontaine is expected to be fit, but I doubt that he'll be on from the start. Maybe a replacement for Booth at half time? Still in a back four formation, with Gray, Hanlon, Stevenson.

I see. I just wasn't sure whether if he was fit whether he would throw him into a 3-5-2 or replace Booth and maintain the same 4-4-2 diamond formation as against Livingston.

Hibs did use width to their advantage against Rangers, but Rangers were narrow themselves and had nothing to peg back the wing backs. We'll have two players on each flank that can get in behind and I'd imagine they'll be more concerned with us than they were by Rangers. Plus I don't think it'll be 3-5-2 again from Hibs so can't see the full backs getting that kind of freedom.

Can you turn up and get a ticket on the day?

You have to be on the hibs database and have a client ref number. If you have ever been to a hibs game the ticket will have a ref on it which you can use to register. If you went down early enough on the day you could prob get one as you just need to find a random hibs fan willing to let you use their ref. The ticket office is usually pretty chaos on the day but that would in a way increase your chances as I am sure someone would be willing to let you use their ref.

My prediction for the game is that Hearts will win. What has separated them from Hibs/Rangers is their professional approach to everything this season. I am not talking all the extra sessions and modern football voodoo but the whole package.

I don't believe they have better players by a massive distance than hibs(some are better some are not). If I was going to sum up the 3 main promotion challenges(not being disrespectful to other teams but they have 3 or 4 times the resource's)

1.) Hearts (will finish top they have the 2nd best players , they have the best team/approach/prep)

2.) Rangers (they have the best players , they have possible the 5th/6th best team/approach/prep)

3.) Hibs (they have the 3rd best players ,by the end of the season hopefully the rest will improve)

Most of Sevco's players are unfit, past it jakeys.

Hearts comfortably have the best squad, with exactly the right blend of talented youth and classy experience.

Archived