Partick Thistle vs St Johnstone - Saturday 25 October @ Firhill

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since our return to the top flight, I'm really at pains to understand why anyone would pay to watch St Johnstone.

Bit of respect dave.

Full name is Shit Johnstone...

Croft and McFadden were absolutely dire. Both wastes of a shirt. Defensively we were a lot better but not sure if that's just because Thistle were as blunt as us in attack. Brian Graham is no Steven MacLean anyway, first touch is honking. It's good not to lose but little else to be positive about frankly.

Croft and McFadden were absolutely dire. Both wastes of a shirt. Defensively we were a lot better but not sure if that's just because Thistle were as blunt as us in attack. Brian Graham is no Steven MacLean anyway, first touch is honking. It's good not to lose but little else to be positive about frankly.

Brian Graham is pish, tbh. He'd see more action down Ashton Lane, allegedly ;)

The most enjoyable part of the game was Graham's wee tantrum after not getting the foul and attempting to half 2 of our players and missing before finally getting Bannigan (I think) with an awful challenge. :lol: Much credit deserved for his determination to just get a kick at someone, anyone will do.

Our attack isn't going to be at it's best without Higgy and the team has had to adjust without him, could argue we're missing Frasers long range passes aswell.

Doolan unlucky not to score when he got the ball stuck under his feet but been impressed with him lately in that he's giving the defence a lot more trouble than he used to and putting them under pressure.

Higgy, Doolan and Fraser. I think you're making my point valid. We have to be able to take a few injuries though out the season and still get the points. Even without Higgy and Fraser two of our better players out we are playing nice football. Doolan, I like, but he isn't scoring enough goals for me. He's a nice player to have but a forward is measured on goals. I think we all agree but these home games are the ones we need him to do the business. he hasn't today and many times in the past. We signed Eccleston and thus far he's not ready yet. Don't get me wrong. I really like Doolan but we need goals to get the 3 pts.

On a bright note I think Archie has done good business in regards Seaborne and Fran's. I have also been mightily impressed with McMillan, O'Donnell and Christie. Bannigan and Osman are great and even Craigen has come in and pulled his weight. Lawless has started season really well also.

I hope we can do well in cup this week. I'd love to see the Jags get a cup win in my relatively young life time. I think we have the team to do it.

Right, that's me just managed to settle down from that thrilling encounter. We came up against a well organized defence that we were never going to break through, although when your best chance falls to James Craigen around the six yard box, well, good luck with that. I felt it was the first game since his injury that we really missed Higginbotham. Thankfully we never conceded too many corners or silly fouls, as it was the type of game last season where: we dominate the game > fail to score > concede corner > unmarked header > goal.

Frederic Frans is a less dece but more talented Piccolo, I hope he pumps iron with the same kind of enthusiasm.

Archived