Forfar v cowden

Bogs_Dollox

Cowden were clinical, we were wasteful and no doubt better team went through. Showed how we will struggle when a few first team out, Malcolm, Baxter and Young all big misses for us and their replacements couldn't cope with Cowdenbeath. Good luck in the next round.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to disregard there being as big a gap between the two leagues as a lot of people claimed. However after the demolition of the pars back in May and now this, I think there is indeed a big gap.

Three brilliant goals and some very neat play. Why oh why do we go ultra defensive when leading comfortably though? Mental.

I also thought the ref had an excellent game - waving away two blatant dives from Forfar players including booking one of them.

Would have said what big al said if i had a phone signal on the road up and it turned out that way.

Three great goals. One individual mirror image of the goal at clyde by lewis and two brilliant team goals that even the forfar boy standing next to me said of the second was tremendous.

Miller might be player of the season so far for me.

Enjoyable game, with some cracking goals. I thought we were very slick in the first half, repeatedly cutting the Forfar defence open and looking a class above Forfar. In the second half Forfar gave us more to worry about and could have nicked a draw. Kyle Miller was outstanding at right back, bombing up and down and laying on two goals. Great to have Lewis Milne back in midfield; he pulled the strings, and his strike for the third goal was sensational. All over, it was an entertaining game and a good result for us after the Falkirk game.

I used to disregard there being as big a gap between the two leagues as a lot of people claimed. However after the demolition of the pars back in May and now this, I think there is indeed a big gap.

Three brilliant goals and some very neat play. Why oh why do we go ultra defensive when leading comfortably though? Mental.

I also thought the ref had an excellent game - waving away two blatant dives from Forfar players including booking one of them.

Aye 3-1 up and coasting then we'll everyone back and let Forfar attack. If they had a bit more ability up front we could have lost that. It was just like the Alloa game.

Three cracking goals though, can't wait to see Lewis's again what a strike.

Good luck to Forfar for the rest of the season, hope they win the league.

There didn't use to be but it's starting to appear. Having said that we got humped at home by Brechin earlier this season and barely scraped past Clyde. Once the season is going though generally the sharpness of the higher league team prevails because they have loads of space to play in against the lower league teams.

Forfar had good energy and fitness but our ability to pass the ball through them was better. Forfar never really looked like hurting us from open play. They did occasionally as you can't go 90 minutes away from home without being hurt at some point but they were never on top. I didn't fear Forfar when they went forward. I thought we looked dangerous whenever we did.

Great result for us as we are usually pish in this round,of the cup. Hopefully we get a good draw in the next round.Also I hope Jimmy will change the formation v Sevco, as obviously we won today, but against a stronger side we will struggle in the wide positions.

The ref had an excellent game! Are you from the same planet as him? He's the most useless incompetent since yer man from the telly, and that's saying something. He hasn't got a clue, and is totally out of place on a football field. Get a grip, son.

The ref had an excellent game! Are you from the same planet as him? He's the most useless incompetent since yer man from the telly, and that's saying something. He hasn't got a clue, and is totally out of place on a football field. Get a grip, son.

You seem upset. Handled the diving well.

A lot of strange decisions and numerous fouls against both teams not given. I did think Forfar should have had a penalty in the second half.

How did that winger miss the open goal near the end?? I could have put it in the net myself and I was on the terracing.

If Forfar had made it 3-2 the last few minutes would have been torture - yet we were streets ahead in the first half. We seem to have a tendency to lose energy in the second half in games - is this a fitness issue or a mental one? Earlier on we looked like scoring every time we went up the park, but latterly we let Forfar off the hook and they came at us - after all, it was a cup tie and they had nothing to lose.

Having said all that, it was a great day out - good bridie before the game, sunshine, welcoming home support, an open game of football, and Cowden playing some of the best football I've seen for a while. Forfar looked decent - hope they win the league.

Great result yesterday. I wasn't too confident about it tbh. Hopefully we can get a winnable tie at home or a money spinner away. However we will end up getting a difficult away draw with no financial benefit. That is what usually happens. Well done to the team for yesterday.

How was Marshall? Good distribution?

Not really. Was more breaking up play than creating it. Seemed aware of the game and dropped back a few times when Fraser or Nat (yes Nat) burst forward. Lewis created the play yesterday. Marshall looked to be more like Fowler from last season even though we only had two in the middle.

Apart from the racist OAP that I was standing next to. Absolute idiot.

He'll be deid soon enough, not to worry.

Another point to make is I'm glad we didn't end up getting Husband. Seems to have gone backwards since his first couple of seasons with the pars. Will end up at Kelty Hearts in a couple of years.

Archived