East Fife v Berwick

Yellow Feet

Just watched the highlights. I have no idea why that was a penalty as we clearly won the ball and more than likely right in front of the linesman.

The red cards are much a do about nothing and a proper referee would have sorted it out without resorting to red cards. Charleston loves to be centre of attention and he is what Nick Walsh is to Berwick.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he thought the tackle for the pen was dangerous cos he leapt in, then its still not a pen. Should be an indirect free kick. Only a pen if he actually fouled Gray or intended to. Neither are true.

Ref lost the plot big time and I'd be fuming - perhaps approaching a seethe - if he gave those decisions against us. Happy though that most seem to think Berwick deserved the win.

I agree,Beaton looked like he was going to get sent off the minute he came on,must have had committed about 6 fouls in the short time he was on the park,nut job . Walker went in with a straight leg at the Pen and deservedly got booked,and McCleer would have got jailed for that assault if that had been on the street on a Saturday night. Back to the game and Berwick were by far the better side,and deservedly won the game.Dargo was sharp and took his goals well,Bauld made good saves at 1-1 when we were under the cosh for a little while and Notman again had a brilliant game at full back. East Fife have only themselves to blame for losing the plot and shouldn't go blaming the ref,he was only doing his job.

I agree,Beaton looked like he was going to get sent off the minute he came on,must have had committed about 6 fouls in the short time he was on the park,nut job . Walker went in with a straight leg at the Pen and deservedly got booked,and McCleer would have got jailed for that assault if that had been on the street on a Saturday night. Back to the game and Berwick were by far the better side,and deservedly won the game.Dargo was sharp and took his goals well,Bauld made good saves at 1-1 when we were under the cosh for a little while and Notman again had a brilliant game at full back. East Fife have only themselves to blame for losing the plot and shouldn't go blaming the ref,he was only doing his job.

from the highlights, I don't think it was a dive, then again, don't think it was a penalty either. I've seen so many decisions go against us over the years, happy to take one or two dodgy ones in our favour for a change.

Next up the Wee Rovers, please don't let Lee Currie mark the Honey Monster Gemmel at free kicks this time

Apart from winning and the late Methil Meltdown, best thing on Saturday was the big improvement in our performance.

Team looked better balanced at 4-4-2, and carried more of a goal threat as a result. Notman and Drummond were outstanding at full back and Dargo put in a motm display with some classy touches and two sharp goals. Midfield, the consistently excellent Ross Gray apart, was still patchy, though Lee Currie looked more like his old self. East Fife's front two were impressive in the opening 45, giving Tulloch and Young a roasting, but things tightened up after the break and the home side rarely threatened in the second period when we were pretty comfortable. Maxwell playing ahead of Drummond on the left would solve the problem on that side of midfield, and there's a strong case for Notman moving into centre midfield with Jacobs or Fairbairn at right back.

I don't think the tail-end shennanigans had much impact on the final result, but it certainly added to the entertainment factor. The penalty looked soft at the time and having watched the highlights, I'd have been pissed off if that had been given against us, but we've been on the wrong end of a litany of bad decisions in recents seasons so its karma to see another team suffering for once. Beaton looked like a red card walking when he came on as sub and the only surprise was that it took him so long to earn his second yellow for persistent fouling. Walker's red was questionable but his hysterical reaction to a free kick being awarded against him for a foul on his former Hibee team-mate Stevie Notman showed a guy pumped up way beyond the norm. Too many home players were wound up on the day, and it's testament to our players that they kept their cool when it would have been easy to get involved in the unfolding mayhem. McAleer's cowardly blindsider on Paul Currie was a stonewall red and, as pointed out by others, would have earned a common assualt charge had it occurred in the high street. The East Fife 16 fancies himself as a bit of a hard man as well, and should have been carded for his blatant kick on Lavery. Maybe if they calmed down a bit they'd start winning a few games. Overall, I thought the ref did a decent job in circumstances made difficult by the lack of professionalism shown by East Fife.

Anyway, delighted with the performance and the result. Less so with the 4th round draw.

I cant see how any Berwick fan thinks their team was great 2nd half the only shot of note from both teams was the penalty. If you played football and were on the wrong end of so many bad calls you would be pumped up as well. If you weren't then there must be something wrong with your desire and will to win.

I cant see how any Berwick fan thinks their team was great 2nd half the only shot of note from both teams was the penalty. If you played football and were on the wrong end of so many bad calls you would be pumped up as well. If you weren't then there must be something wrong with your desire and will to win.

Agreed. On another note, who did yous get in the draw today?

Archived