Celtic v Rangers

hoopy1967

This is the first time I have gone to a football game and the wife is a bit concerned. Straight there, straight back and no colours should be the order of the day.

You might want to re-write that post...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets hope so, decent game ( a Gets win hopefully of course), and no trouble, that would really shock everyone!!

Good to see you got that tie up with an American football team - but I think you'll find it is spelled "Jets".

I have to say, we've been treated by some fair old barrel scraping by the papers over the past few days. Ten out of ten to 'King Kenny' and 'Walter' for the Young Mr Grace routines over the past couple of days.

I'd forgotten how much the Scottish game needs a team called Rangers and a team called Celtic knocking seven bells out of each other. I am surprised to learn that Kenny Dalglish nearly shat himself in his first Old Firm match. Even more surprising was that modern senior citizen (almost) Kenny hasn't a fucking clue what a suppository is for. Or indeed what a buttplug might be for.

Even mighty Union Jack in the Evening Times managed to get a goldfinger reference into his hagiography of the Rangers/ the the Rangers giants Smith, McCoist and McTrowel. Extra marks to UJ for 'the blue half of Glasgow'. That c*nt really needs run out of town on a rail.

The standard of journalism, with guff like the above appearing daily, is likely to get worse and even more dog-to-its-vomit as Sunday nears.

Anyhoo ... :angel

Quite funny seeing Celtic fans get in an absolute state at this fixture being called the "Old Firm". Tears & snotters and everything.

Must confess that I thought those Celtic fans were being laughable fannies with their three-grand advert but, to my surprise, it's turned out to be an absolute masterclass in trolling.

Without that advert, all today's sport pages would be non-stop drivel from aged creatures who pad their paycheques with tales of Old Firm matches past, blabbing on about the return of the Bestest Fixture Ever In All World Football Of All Time.

Thanks to the advert Bennett so enjoyed though, the Record, Sun, Herald, Express, Times, Metro and Mail all ran headlines and stories along the lines of "Old Firm legends deny that Rangers are dead and the Newco is a fraud". Which only serves to remind everyone that this is a live debate, no matter who denies it or how strongly they do it.

Add that to the inevitable articles about how Rangers are pish and strongly fancied for a right pumping, and this now looks like an expert bit of trolling.

I'd also add that, as a probably-unintentional side-effect, the ad itself prompted stories in the UK press along the lines of "Advert prompts fears of violence at cup semi-final". Absolutely nobody who knows anything about Scottish football would take the message from these articles that there was a serious danger of e.g. Celtic fans rioting because they're upset about how dead Rangers are... So this ends up pre-emptively framing any hassle that occurs at or after the game in one particular direction.

Now of course, it's pathetic and ridiculous that this kind of thing is going on in connection with a mere football game, but nobody needs me to tell them that.

I'm just noting that, in terms of what a bunch of Celtic zoomers wanted to achieve with a single advert, it's mission accomplished, and far more effectively than even they would've expected.

You cleary dont Vicky ha...Now run along and create another alias so you can red dot me and WRk and others ya stalk on here on a regular basis ya fuckn zoooooomer...or is the internet down in your B&B again?

As my Jambo friends would say ^^^^^ seething.

Domestic violence rates to rocket on Sunday again then.

large section of a population drinking from early in the day = domestic violence.

your comments are as insightful as ever.

But Im sure no matter what Celtic fans display the numerous ultra groups sevco have will surely out do them, zombies are known for their good humoured banter and originality...

huns2_zpsacbb53e8.jpg

huns_zps8f276172.jpg

on the subject of funny rangers and celtic banners

who can forget the classic misspelling of their own club's name

289j1he.jpg.jpeg

or those "bloostained" shirts

527768638.JPG

I blame the schools

This is the first time I have gone to a football game that the wife has expressed any concern. Straight there, straight back and no colours should be the order of the day.

^^^^^^ under the thumb imo

so she wasnae worried the day your fans went loopy after we won the league in yer own midden :bounce3

Come on lichtie , this celtic love in by yourself is nauseating. when are you just gonna admit you are swapping yer arbroath scarf for the green brigade balaclava and bore us to death with how yer great great granda was Irish and oppressed.

;)

I don't love Celtic. I don't mind them, my maws side of the family are all massive weegie Celtic fans and I prefer them over Rangers massively, hope they absolutely pump you. :P

Arbroaths equaliser v Celtic is my 2nd best moment in my 15 year following Arbroath. ;)

Said this elsewhere but if I had to pick a second team it would be United.

I wish I supported Celtic, life would be a lot easier watching my team winning near enough every week and not having to leave the sofa!!! ;)

Instead I drive across the country for hours then sit and watch us scrape to 1-1 draws with shite teams like Clyde in the pishing rain infront of 600 people. It's no easy supporting Arbroath ya know.

Ps shove yer fucking Union Jack up yer arse FB. 8):P

Archived