The Man who hates Rangers so much, he goes to every home game?

5627826.jpg?363
The man who hates Rangers so much, he goes to every home game.

These days in the football terraces, you often hear "ultimate" fans boasting about their personal record of not missing a game in many years. However, for one Glaswegian, the record he holds is very unusual.

56 year old Glen Venables has not missed a Glasgow Rangers home league match in six years. Based on Venables impressive record, you would be daft not to believe that he was a die-hard Rangers fan, but, surprisingly, Venables has attended in six years all but one match with the away support inside Ibrox.

When I asked Venables why he continues to go to the Rangers matches in the away section, he said;

“If I’m honest, I have always loved football. For years I would only watch English football and supported Arsenal, but after a while I got frustrated, as I was unable to go to any of the matches, so I decided I would try and get into Scottish football a little more.”

Living in Govan, Venables decided to go to a Rangers match at Ibrox in 2008.

Venables said,

“My first Rangers match was against Aberdeen, I sat at the bottom of the Broomloan stand behind the goal with the home fans.”

“Just before half time, Rangers scored the opener. Straight after the goal and also during the break, the Rangers fans were constantly taunting the travelling supporters. There were Rangers fans throwing coins, hot drinks and even their own urine at the opposing fans, who were seated less that 10 meters away. From that point on I took a real dislike to the home support at Ibrox.”

Venables added,

“Aberdeen went on to draw the match 1-1 with a last minute goal, and ever since I have just always loved meeting supporters from other clubs as well as the good atmosphere that I must admit Ibrox has. Although, most importantly, it always makes for a better day when Rangers lose!”

Talking to Glen, you can see that he has a massive dislike for Rangers, however, like many, I question his opinion to not just support one club. If he chooses to support the one team correctly, he can continue his hatred towards Rangers, whilst allowing himself the chance to watch teams progress over long periods of time.

However, Venables suggests that he is doing the right thing for himself, and he's enjoyed making friends with people from almost all the clubs in Scotland.

Q&A with Glen Venables

Joseph James- “Who are your favorite fans to sit with at Ibrox?”

Glen Venables- “Em, out with Celtic, Aberdeen are usually loud and proud, but if I'm honest, most teams don't like Rangers which is a great (He gives a quick chuckle). In fact, the only team that I'm aware of who don't despise Rangers are them folk at Killie. I remember before the game once they were all chanting about fatty Boyd and Stevie Naismith.”

J.J- “Favorite match you've been to at Ibrox?”

G.V- “Hmm, this season, we've been treated to some crackers, with Hearts winning in the last minute as well as Hibernian going 3-0 up at half-time, but I've got to say when David Goodwille ran the length of the pitch before slotting past the shagger (Allan McGregor), to win 3-2.”

J.J- “Finally, where do you think Rangers will finish this season?”

G.V- “To be honest, I think they'll go back up to the Scottish Premiership. Although, Hearts have had a good start, I cant see them continuing the kind of performances they have been for another seven months. I hope they can prove me wrong though!”

Article by Joseph James

RedRob72 in my opinion, when they're away he goes to Celtic Park to cheer whoever we're playing

he also states he regulalry makes it to the celtic games at Ibrox, I thought celtic operated some sort of ballot system for Ibrox fixtures where you have to be a season ticket holder to have a chance of a ticket? how does he manage to get one every time so easily.

he also states he regulalry makes it to the celtic games at Ibrox, I thought celtic operated some sort of ballot system for Ibrox fixtures where you have to be a season ticket holder to have a chance of a ticket? how does he manage to get one every time so easily.

Complete made up pish, generally for our away games, domestic and european, the tickets are split between the affiliation of CSC's of which my club is one and, season ticket holders who have opted into the away ticket scheme.

There is the odd game where people knock back tickets or dont take the full allocation, usually Rugby Park, and the remainder go on general sale but never once for Ibrox

I suspect this story is a pile of shite

if I'm honest, most teams don't like Rangers which is a great (He gives a quick chuckle). In fact, the only team that I'm aware of who don't despise Rangers are them folk at Killie. I remember before the game once they were all chanting about fatty Boyd and Stevie Naismith.”

yep

"They were literately doing the toilet where they stood"

When I have a pish, I generally do it where im standing, although when hungover or worse the wear for drink I will often take the precaution of sitting down for it to save potential disaster involving shoes/trousers/wall/angry bloke in gents toilet getting drenched in slash

When I have a pish, I generally do it where im standing, although when hungover or worse the wear for drink I will often take the precaution of sitting down for it to save potential disaster involving shoes/trousers/wall/angry bloke in gents toilet getting drenched in slash

Was he wearing his hat when he drenched you?

Complete made up pish, generally for our away games, domestic and european, the tickets are split between the affiliation of CSC's of which my club is one and, season ticket holders who have opted into the away ticket scheme.

There is the odd game where people knock back tickets or dont take the full allocation, usually Rugby Park, and the remainder go on general sale but never once for Ibrox

I suspect this story is a pile of shite

You don't say!!:lol::lol:

So some guy claims rangers fans keep throwing coinc, hot drinks and pish at opposition fans and has decided that going to have pish thrown over him will be his new hobby.

Certain posters on P&B look up to him for this.

The hillarioius thing is that they somehow think this puts Rangers fans in a bad light rather than themselves.

Archived